clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is there anyway to keep my machine in manual mode. Last night doing some technical riding with lots of muddy inclines and declines, having to stop and back up a lot. Drove me nuts that it goes back into auto.

Amazing how many shifts are there that I don't want in auto low.

Do the newer models do this as well ? Can I get something changed so the machine defers to manual every time and not auto ?

Id be willing to pay for a solution.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The newer models have a memory hold as long as the key isn’t turned off. As soon as you turn it off/on it’ll then revert back to auto.
That is the only thing that bothers me with an older model as well. Annoying. Have pondered if the newer update to the computer or newer computer would take care of this, don’t believe wiring or a switch will do the trick. I haven’t heard of anything yet that takes care of it, I agree it would be nice

Reactions: clifforeilly
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I think if Zmorris gets his software to program through the plug with out having to drill holes to get to the Eprom wonderful things will soon be available.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!