Any Wyoming trail riding area suggestions?

H

Honda_Steve

Aug 19, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello All,

My wife and I are taking our Pioneer 1000-5 out to Wyoming on Vacation in a week. Does anyone know of good areas to trail ride for novices?

Thanks

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hello All,

My wife and I are taking our Pioneer 1000-5 out to Wyoming on Vacation in a week. Does anyone know of good areas to trail ride for novices?

Thanks
Wyoming is awesome 😎
Have a great time…..

Here are the 12 Best Wyoming ATV Trails:

1. Bearlodge Pit
  2. Blacktail ATV Trails
  3. Boomtown MX
  4. Shell Creek Campground
  5. Killpecker Sand Dunes
  6. Boulder Park
  7. North Shadow Mountain OHV Trail System
  8. McCullough Peaks
  9. Nowater OHV Area
  10. Poison Spider OHV Area
  11. Raspberry Ridge ATV Trail
  12. Slate Creek and Dry Dallas OHV Trail System

Reactions: Remington
G

Gunsite Guy

Apr 19, 2021
Trinidad, Co
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
Wyoming is a big place. Are you camping or using motels. My favorite place is the Red Desert area in BLM and National Forest. On a map, it is south of Lander approx 42 miles and west of Atlantic City. Hunting seasons are opening but you will not see many people at all.

Be sure to let us know where you end up.

s/f Steve

H

Honda_Steve

Aug 19, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That sounds like an excellent place to do some trail riding. We're traveling in an RV and pulling a trailer. Is there any specific campgrounds you could recommend?

G

Gunsite Guy

Apr 19, 2021
Trinidad, Co
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I seldom use a campground when getting to a place, preferring to dry camp. I have stayed at campgrounds coming and going. You can get into these places with a big rig, but not very far. Which is okay of course since you are going to ride anyhow. Plenty far from the highway though. I have towed a 5th wheel in there pretty far and a big Lance pick-up camper. There use to be a campground 20 or so miles south of Lander. The highway north from Rawlins 287 (?) leads to Muddy Flats where you go east through Jeffrey City eventually getting to "T" intersection, which north takes you to Lander and south takes to to the BLM lands. Anyhow, at that intersection or very close to it there is a campground I have stayed at a few time. I have however showed up there twice when it wasn't open. Plenty of campgrounds close to Lander but there would be a tow to off road areas.

I seem to recall you need a Wyoming ORV Pass and it wasn't very expensive. I know that locals drive their ORV on the highways and byways but I couldn't tell you what that requires. I will tell you the Law enforcement in Wy are simply the best. They don't sweat the small stuff and bad guys would rather tangle with King Kong.

Be sure to bring bino's and cameras. Interesting critters all over the place. There are wolves and bears there so prepare accordingly. By the way, it is a long way between fuel/gas stations everywhere in Cowboy State.

s/f Steve

gch1911

gch1911

Lifetime Member
May 3, 2018
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 700-2
My wife & I go to Medicine Bow National Forest several times a year. Now we dry camp instead of side x side but most of trails are forest service roads. If you would like us to mail you a copy of the trail map pm your address or here is a link to it online Wyoming State Parks, Historic Sites, & Trails - ORV Maps
Before our camper, we would stay at Albany Lodge and access the trails from there. Last year fires have limited some of the trail use, but still a great place to trail ride. Most of the campgrounds do not have electric hookups, some have water. There is Ryan Park campground just off the hwy, and you should be able to hit the trails from there.

H

Honda_Steve

Aug 19, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you all so much! These are great ideas that my wife and I will check out.

Honda_Steve

Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!