P1000 Anyone have pictures of routing a Go Deep Snorkel on a Pioneer 1000?

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looking for under the hood or how the Go Deep Snorkel is routed. I like it's look way better than the Snorkelmyatv.com one and want it up in the roof. I do hate that I lose the cup holder but also not wild of having a 3" pipe coming out of the hood in the front view. I wish someone would come up with a better way. I like the behind the seats most others have.

Reactions: Lady01 and BWAF
SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Okay, I'll take any pictures of routing for a snorkel on the Honda 1000 Pioneer. Aside from the through the hood. Which, I do like but want above the hood hight.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Heres mine
20170627 183938 1
20170627 183920

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe that is the snorkel from eBay with an extended pipe. @Delton has it and several other members. I'm going to go that route when i do mine. It frees up space under hood and keeps the routing simple. Google pioneer snorkel on eBay and you'll find it. $200.00

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I just put the eBay Snorkel on last night and have zero use yet. Question, did you that have used this put any kind of friction protection down in the plastic areas you had to cut near the bend, over to the stock intake? I put a plastic bottle cut up there for temporary protection but seems to me this could get a cut in it pretty easy.

I kind of feel stupid paying $200 bucks for basic 2" plumbing fittings and a 3' section of corrugated pipe as a plumbing contractor but, there was a learning curve. I also noticed while taking out the stock air intake plastic pipe under the Pioneer that the hose clamp Honda put on was loose and had signs of water dripping in, it easily turned the minute I took out the plastic pins holding it in place. Kinda pissed me off on Honda's quality control.... I'm sure if I sat in water for a minute or two the pipe would have flooded and the engine would have in jested water, in turn to wit, Honda would have blamed me in a heartbeat!

advertisement
J

jasonandrewhall33

Mar 17, 2021
Piedmont, OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry to drudge up an old post. I've been looking all through the snorkel options and the ebay snorkel coming up right in front of the dump bed seems to make a lot of sense to me. No losing a cup holder, keeps it in cab so you don't rip it off with a tree and gets it way up in the air to protect from mud and water. Anyone that has done it this way have feedback on how it's worked out? Does it connect right to the intake at the engine and straight up? SuperDutyJohn mentioned not having enough friction protection, is that others experience?

Reactions: TripleB and Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!