P700 Anyone jump their p700?

R

Rerun7

Mar 19, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Obviously it’s not meant to make big jumps or race but curious if you guys ever catch some air around the trails and if it’s too hard on these machines?

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Obviously it’s not meant to make big jumps or race but curious if you guys ever catch some air around the trails and if it’s too hard on these machines?
I was running hard one day and hit a dip that launched my front end about a foot in the air, she came down hard. It didn’t hurt anything but I wouldn’t want to drop from any higher than that.

Reactions: Mudwing
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
When we had the 700 we were lightly in the air a couple times I guess. I think many probably say the same thing. Fox really helped out but I didn’t go looking for big air by any means

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing and Russ989
R

Rerun7

Mar 19, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just curious as I took mine out for the first time today and after the 15 mile break in we got to playing around on a man made trail that also has some smaller jumps. I slowed down to keep from getting too far up but got air a couple times.

It probably seemed higher than it was but my boys loved it. I just don’t want to run it hard enough to abuse it and break anything.

I don’t need a bunch of repair costs!

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just curious as I took mine out for the first time today and after the 15 mile break in we got to playing around on a man made trail that also has some smaller jumps. I slowed down to keep from getting too far up but got air a couple times.

It probably seemed higher than it was but my boys loved it. I just don’t want to run it hard enough to abuse it and break anything.

I don’t need a bunch of repair costs!
If you break something it will cost, no doubt about it lol. The 700 is pretty tough, I use mine every day and it holds its own!

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I wouldn’t jump this elephant. She weighs in at around 1500 lbs without riders or gear. I was cruising around 15MPH across a field and hit a hole hard with the right front tire. Jarred me pretty good but just kept going. The next day I was checking things over and noticed a strip of paint had flaked off around the weld of the upper A arm mount. No noticeable damage but I know it was from that hit.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Yeah the welds for the a arm mounts are a joke several people have had to fix it because they broke out mine done it in 4wd in a rut

R

Rerun7

Mar 19, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sounds like I should probably keep it on the ground for the most part haha.

I was actually surprised that it didn’t nose down too bad. We had a rather soft landing and while it did bottom the front suspension it wasn’t very harsh at all.

MikeTheTinkerer

MikeTheTinkerer

Mar 18, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4

I have a jump in my yard and me and the kids hit it flat out as fast as we can and get close to 5-8ft of air done it 100s of times havent had any issues with it at all also took it out and hit some other bigger jumps it does like to land like a brick but I havent had any problems yet

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a jump in my yard and me and the kids hit it flat out as fast as we can and get close to 5-8ft of air done it 100s of times havent had any issues with it at all also took it out and hit some other bigger jumps it does like to land like a brick but I havent had any problems yet
Man, Lands like a brick is right. You got any vids of that?:)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’m assuming you mean across not height...I’ve done some stupid s*** in a Sxs but our ol 700 never saw more then a couple lol.

MikeTheTinkerer

MikeTheTinkerer

Mar 18, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
Man, Lands like a brick is right. You got any vids of that?:)
I wish I usually am always driving it and my wife always has the babies but I can tell you I have put a whooping on it and its held up pretty well. the worse thing I have done to it is flooded the gas tank with water because I didn't know to vent the gas line before water logging it and I hit a tree branch a cracked the headlight surround so it just kinda flops around in the hole. Its been a beast. I havent done any mods yet but getting ready to.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I wish I usually am always driving it and my wife always has the babies but I can tell you I have put a whooping on it and its held up pretty well. the worse thing I have done to it is flooded the gas tank with water because I didn't know to vent the gas line before water logging it and I hit a tree branch a cracked the headlight surround so it just kinda flops around in the hole. Its been a beast. I havent done any mods yet but getting ready to.
I agree. I romp on mine pretty good too and she still begs for more. I guess I’m picturing a 700-4 flying off an Evel Knievel style launch ramp. Over and over again. :D;)

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
No dude seriously I have had it that far off the ground I hit it going about as fast as it can right between 35 and 40mph
I’d really like to see a photo of that. I keep picturing the Duke boys in a Pioneer launching over Rosco and the boys trying to get away. ;)

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’d really like to see a photo of that. I keep picturing the Duke boys in a Pioneer launching over Rosco and the boys trying to get away. ;)
28A47791 E705 43FB AE8C A84440A4818E

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!