Are sales slowing?

R

Redrider

Jun 3, 2013
Seems like sales may be slowing down enough for one to pickup a P4 without a deposit. What are yall seeing at your local dealers?

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
I too thought the supply of Pioneers would have caught up to demand by now; epecially after the deer hunt season and the closer we get to Winter. Based on what my dealer told me today, overall order demand has actually increased for P4 models (nationwide). Area dealers do have some stock on P2's and I did see a P4 Camo in stock at another Honda dealer. In my area, the P4 is the hot seller and still requires a small deposit to be on the waiting list.

D

daberry

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 4, 2013
Kansas
When I picked mine up last week the dealer had 4 guys lined up looking at it. He had several more pioneers on order only one (a P4) with a delivery date. The P4 sold and a P2 that day. Not slowing up here. Dealer thinks by spring it will slow up.

bfair

bfair

Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2013
The dealer where I got mine said they would not get any until February. He has 4 people that want to put money down on one.

R

ranchhand77

Aug 19, 2013
Still very hard to come by one in Arizona. I am at the top of the list for a P4 at my dealer, Coyote Honda, that just went under and are closing its doors this weekend. Sales could be very strong here if they would just ship them. This time of the year is our main riding season.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
No slowing down here. Dealer can not keep them in stock. He will not normally take a deposit only a call list. Says he has 4 on the call list for a P4 and 1 for a camo P2. Demand is still there since it's Christmas and such.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Ranchhand 77, I just found out that one of our local dealers (Steadmans Honda) just received a large shipment (filling all their back orders) of Pioneers (P4's and P2's) now has a few extra in stock. They're offering Black Friday incentives to sell them quick. Below is from their local electronic ad. Steadmans is well known for being a very good dealer; they're located 30 miles South West of Salt Lake City, Utah. Just in case your dealer doesn't come through, this may be worth the 500 mile trek or see what it would cost to have one transferred to your dealer or direct to your home?

KSL.com Classified Ad:
WE HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF THE NEW HONDA PIONEERS. WE HAVE BOTH THE 4 SEAT AND 2 SEAT MODELS!!! HONDA UTV AND WE WANT TO DO A SALES BLAST SO HURRY WHILE WE HAVE THEM THIS WILL SAVE YOU OVER $1000 BECAUSE WE ARE ALSO NOT CHARGING FREIGHT THROUGH SAT. AT CLOSING

Seller Contact Info
STEADMANS
800-789-1234 | Work 435-882-3344

N

nagromr1

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2013
Was at dealer picking parts up Friday and he said he only had 1 more coming in for the year.He said 5 people were wanting it but don't want to put deposit on it,they wanted to see it first.I was same way just got lucky when I called a month ago to check they got 6 in on a Monday by the time I got there was on a Thursday they only had 1 left.This is in Tennessee

R

ranchhand77

Aug 19, 2013
FISHIN2DMAX, thanks for the info. Like most, I have been waiting since before they were ever released to have the opportunity to buy. I actually considered the 11 hour drive to northern Utah to get one. So, after calling around I located one in California, a 6 hour drive. I just put down a down payment. Going to clean out the trailer while I wait for the financing approval. Fingers crossed!!!!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Well, that's good news for Honda to rebound from the BR's bust. Oh... And good news for this site too. Lol

R

ranchhand77

Aug 19, 2013
quick question - getting ready for road trip to get P4. Is the extended warranty forth the $800?

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
ranchhand77 said:
FISHIN2DMAX, thanks for the info. Like most, I have been waiting since before they were ever released to have the opportunity to buy. I actually considered the 11 hour drive to northern Utah to get one. So, after calling around I located one in California, a 6 hour drive. I just put down a down payment. Going to clean out the trailer while I wait for the financing approval. Fingers crossed!!!!

I have my fingers crossed for you. Wow, I didn't realize it was 11 hours to get up here. I recently drove to Vegas in just under 5 hours (80 MPH speed limits most of the way), so yes, you're right, it's about double that. I wish you good luck in your So. Cal journey and hope to see your new Pioneer pictures soon. :)

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
ranchhand77 said:
quick question - getting ready for road trip to get P4. Is the extended warranty forth the $800?
i would not get the extended warranty i doubt you will ever need it or the factory warranty

D

daberry

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 4, 2013
Kansas
I did not get the extended warranty, Honda's are pretty reliable!

N

nagromr1

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2013
Main reason I got a Honda because it would be reliable but I also got extended warranty because I am planning on having the pioneer for the next 20yrs and also seems like when pay for the extended warranty its good luck you will never ever have to use it.

G

GulfCoast

Oct 8, 2013
My dealer has a P2 and a P4 he will be glad to sell you. At MSRP. :(

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
My dealer said they are not getting another P2 until the middle of January and it's already sold. And that's it

T

Trapper

Dec 9, 2014
I purchased mine yesterday here in MD. Just waiting for dealer mods. It was the last green one in the state. One deAler has a red 2p. Was told the 15' would be the same machine and not available till 2/15. He said it is the hottest sxs on the market right now.

J

jjones0928

Dec 6, 2014
Monroe, Georgia
I just got mine Monday, a P2, and it was the only one in the area. I happened to walk in a shop just as they were putting it on the showroom floor. While I was finalizing the deal another potential buyer was inquiring about the unit. The demand still seems to be out-running supply in GA. They did have a used Red P4 with just over 100 hrs for $11k. In addition, they had 3 P500 units that they had just received.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!