Arkansas riding?

T

treeguy27

Sep 27, 2020
Mo
I've been thinking about throwing together a quick 2-3 day trip to Arkansas for some trail riding. Kind of a spur of the moment type of thing and would probably go in a few weeks. Anyone have any good recs for riding areas and places to camp? I've done a little on line searching and the Mill creek area and Wolf Pen Gap area seem to be popular. We'd be looking for some more scenic type trails as opposed to constant rock crawling. I appreciate any advice on places to go or places to avoid. Thanks

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've been thinking about throwing together a quick 2-3 day trip to Arkansas for some trail riding. Kind of a spur of the moment type of thing and would probably go in a few weeks. Anyone have any good recs for riding areas and places to camp? I've done a little on line searching and the Mill creek area and Wolf Pen Gap area seem to be popular. We'd be looking for some more scenic type trails as opposed to constant rock crawling. I appreciate any advice on places to go or places to avoid. Thanks
Mill Creek during the week, I haven't been to Mack's Pines in a while but the unmapped areas interest me and for a laid back, take a picnic lunch and let the kids run Wilderness Ryder Buffalo Ranch & Adventure Park, Kingston AR. ( Kinda expensive ) You can ride all the trails in a half day easy, beautiful over look of the Boxly Valley.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mulberry mountain has nice campground and cabins.

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
This last May I rode the trails in the Mt Magazine Ranger District and some of the Moccasin Gap trails. It was good riding and there was good scenery and some fun historic and lunch stops. There was a cool 18 hundreds school house and a neat old cabin that you can self-tour (Bubs cabin and Union schoolhouse). The trails were easy to moderate. Mack's Pine campground is a good place to stay and the owner is very helpful with maps and Samsung phone/tablet setup for local trails. If you are interested I do have some track files of the rides we took, let me know if you want them.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!