rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I used both the back to black, and wd40 today. Each on opposite doors of my p500. The wd40 makes it shine, the back to black is a little duller, and the mud doesn't fall off as easy with back to black. Sc1 is good, also plexus works good... I have also used spray armor all and wipes, and the spray is way easier! I think wd40 worked best. It actually works really good cleaning the roof and black plastic. Spray it on a rag and wipe clean.
they all make it look
pretty good. ..but they all make
the dust stick back on...
as well....everybody got there
own deal....
Ride Safe

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I used both the back to black, and wd40 today. Each on opposite doors of my p500. The wd40 makes it shine, the back to black is a little duller, and the mud doesn't fall off as easy with back to black. Sc1 is good, also plexus works good... I have also used spray armor all and wipes, and the spray is way easier! I think wd40 worked best. It actually works really good cleaning the roof and black plastic. Spray it on a rag and wipe clean.
Yep, used WD-40 before, it does very well. However, it leaves a greasy film that armor all doesn't, which dust sticks to badly on the next ride out.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, used WD-40 before, it does very well. However, it leaves a greasy film that armor all doesn't, which dust sticks to badly on the next ride out.

Good to know about the dust... I have been trying to use up my stash of chemicals before I buy any new ones so the past few rides I have used armor all wipes and spray, wd40, Honda spray, plexus, back to black, some kind of tire shine, sc1, spray car wax, and some other crap that didn't work. I prefer a spray cause it's easier. Any of it is fine though. I need to buy a pressure washer though. I learned degreasers like greased lightning "dry" the black plastic out, but is awesome on mud...

Reactions: Montecresto
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Good to know about the dust... I have been trying to use up my stash of chemicals before I buy any new ones so the past few rides I have used armor all wipes and spray, wd40, Honda spray, plexus, back to black, some kind of tire shine, sc1, spray car wax, and some other crap that didn't work. I prefer a spray cause it's easier. Any of it is fine though. I need to buy a pressure washer though. I learned degreasers like greased lightning "dry" the black plastic out, but is awesome on mud...
Armor all
made dust stick to mine
everything with an oil base
will do so....
does look nice till ya hit the trails
....mine looks better a little dirty.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Armor all
made dust stick to mine
everything with an oil base
will do so....
does look nice till ya hit the trails
....mine looks better a little dirty.
Get Armor all wipes, the dust is no more than it would be with nothing. I wash my rig, then Armor all every bit of plastic. By the time I ride next, it's dry, no dust. WD-40 doesn't dry in between rides. It stays greasy for a long time. Btw, Armor all has been water based for a couple years now.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Get Armor all wipes, the dust is no more than it would be with nothing. I wash my rig, then Armor all every bit of plastic. By the time I ride next, it's dry, no dust. WD-40 doesn't dry in between rides. It stays greasy for a long time. Btw, Armor all has been water based for a couple years now.
I'm scared to use a lot of those products being an automotive painter and I remember years back I quit using armor all on dashes and tires because it would bleach them out I know things change but have you had any bad luck with that type of thing or seen any difference? Im not so worried about the rig being shiny but if it doesn't hurt it and if some of these products help repell dust or mud if sure be in!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm scared to use a lot of those products being an automotive painter and I remember years back I quit using armor all on dashes and tires because it would bleach them out I know things change but have you had any bad luck with that type of thing or seen any difference? Im not so worried about the rig being shiny but if it doesn't hurt it and if some of these products help repell dust or mud if sure be in!
Armor all changed their formula recently because of that. What it does is make the black plastic look dark and clean again, you know how it begins to fade toward grey, and hides the scratches we get every time out. It's not harmful at all. Give it a go CP.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Wat ever dude
everything I've tired...
makes dust stick
Tried Armor All wipes
same end result
Mequiar,s wax...makes dust stick
I feel the plastic has a static to
it that makes the dust stick

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Dude I tryed it
don't think it works better
than others....
yep rig looks great...
till ya start to roll
then...no matter wat
your rides a dust magnet

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Dude I tryed it
don't think it works better
than others....
yep rig looks great...
till ya start to roll
then...no matter wat
your rides a dust magnet
So it's the plastic, OK. Maybe it's your proximity to Roswell.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Maybe......
or okies get a special
kind of Armor All....
that everyone else can't
Get......
I'LL STICK WITH MY
SNAKE OIL
We are special, it's true.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
We are special, it's true.

Dude your only a legend in your own mind
FACT CHECKED::::::
Rubbing any thing on plastic
creates static electricity. ...
its the cloth & plactic....
soooooo. Wat cleaner you use
don't matter...
GOGGLE IT

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Dude your only a legend in your own mind
FACT CHECKED::::::
Rubbing any thing on plastic
creates static electricity. ...
its the cloth & plactic....
soooooo. Wat cleaner you use
don't matter...
GOGGLE IT
At my great distance from Roswell, it doesn't have that effect on mine. This thread was for the discriminating kind.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
At my great distance from Roswell, it doesn't have that effect on mine. This thread was for the discriminating kind.
Well then who best to
start the thread....
someone who only likes those who
agree....with him
I'm sorry to tell you.....
anywhere in this world....
if you rub a cloth on plastic
stactic electric is caused.
Wrong ...miss guided....or
in denial.
you choose

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
At my great distance from Roswell, it doesn't have that effect on mine. This thread was for the discriminating
I was warned.....there'd
be people like you...
Thanks MOM

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I will have to say that plastic lets off a static charge that attracts everything under the sun. When a bare plastic bumper is painted it tends to be a lot more dirty then the metal panels. Plastic has mold release through out so it pops from the mold. We have to bake the bumper at 180deg for 30 min to allow most of it to come out. When you wipe it with degreaser after this it makes your hair on your arms stand straight up. To kill this effect vinegar has to be used. Even after all that occasionally while spraying you'll see and feel a blue spark between the bumper and your spray gun which is very unsettling with a solvent based fluid. I would assume though someone has a trick for dirt and mud. Where we go is always either muddy or dusty as hell. One of the places we camp is at the end of a 40 mile b.s. Dirt road in gods country. We could leave clean and by the time the awning is powering out its ****ed up! We don't pressure wash offen because it's a 8hr deal between the 1000 truck trailers bus quad 6dirtbikes and we go every weekend work full time. If someone has a good idea that that actually works I'm listening!

Last edited:
Reactions: Vaden01
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I will have to say that plastic lets off a static charge that attracts everything under the sun. When a bare plastic bumper is painted it tends to be a lot more dirty then the metal panels. Plastic has mold release through out so it pops from the mold. We have to bake the bumper at 180deg for 30 min to allow most of it to come out. When you wipe it with degreaser after this it makes your hair on your arms stand straight up. To kill this effect vinegar has to be used. Even after all that occasionally while spraying you'll see and feel a blue spark between the bumper and your spray gun which is very unsettling with a solvent based fluid.

Thanks Pusher
but that don't happen in Ok.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well then who best to
start the thread....
someone who only likes those who
agree....with him
I'm sorry to tell you.....
anywhere in this world....
if you rub a cloth on plastic
stactic electric is caused.
Wrong ...miss guided....or
in denial.
you choose
Easy feller!!!!! You haven't defeated the charge that Armor all wipes are the cheapest and easiest method to clean and restore the plastic on the P-5. Will the P-5 get dirty again the next time you ride, yes, of course, and it will have to be washed, and then treated again.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!