Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is anyone using one of these or something similar?

Hear HAM/CB through Vehicle Speakers .

I would really like to have my music muted when receiving a incoming message. Is there a easier/less expensive way to achieve this , other than using an external speaker for the two way radio ?
I have never used anything like this but I know several members have mentioned looking for this solution. If you try it our let us know how it works

C

Chooglin

I am looking at some of there other options on the website , I think I found one that will work better for my stereo (has RCA connectors).

Reactions: Remington
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Don’t know that last set up would work given the moisture and terrain I use it in

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

Don’t know that last set up would work given the moisture and terrain I use it in
Yep it could be a problem. I think I am going to take the box apart and silicone all the seams. It won't make it 100% waterproof but should help.

All of my RCA cables for my radio are under the hood and I spray them with the hose when cleaning the 500 , so I'm not to concerned about that , it's what's inside that box that worries me !

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!