P500 Auxilliary Lights

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
So I've had a pair of new VisionX 4.5" Diameter Cannon 25w LEDs on the shelf for some time. Finally getting round to mounting them on the P5 to try out. Originally had bought for the Honda Pilot.... But changed up and went with LED light bar and LED head light bulbs instead.

Made up a pair of aluminum brackets that mount just outside the hood latches, so I can still get the hood off, that are mounted to the ROPS junction T just infront of the doors. The lights will fit right infront of the ROPS vertical bar(s) either side the machine, at hood height. Low amp draw of 4.17 @ 12 volts, 25 watts doesn't sound like much, these little suckers are bright at 3500 effective Lumens per light. Nice is that you can get snap on polycarbonate filters for different beam and light patterns. Have used VisionX over the years on my trucks using HID and LED, they are spendy, but are robust and last.

Will add pix when I finish up and at night too...
Cheers,
jrc

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
So I've had a pair of new VisionX 4.5" Diameter Cannon 25w LEDs on the shelf for some time. Finally getting round to mounting them on the P5 to try out. Originally had bought for the Honda Pilot.... But changed up and went with LED light bar and LED head light bulbs instead.

Made up a pair of aluminum brackets that mount just outside the hood latches, so I can still get the hood off, that are mounted to the ROPS junction T just infront of the doors. The lights will fit right infront of the ROPS vertical bar(s) either side the machine, at hood height. Low amp draw of 4.17 @ 12 volts, 25 watts doesn't sound like much, these little suckers are bright at 3500 effective Lumens per light. Nice is that you can get snap on polycarbonate filters for different beam and light patterns. Have used VisionX over the years on my trucks using HID and LED, they are spendy, but are robust and last.

Will add pix when I finish up and at night too...
Cheers,
jrc

Can't wait to see pics

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Ok just working on the wiring harness here is a link to some initial pix. Finished brackets are coated with aerosol black undercoating. So far so good, did initial trial last night and lights I think will work well.

Put pix in P5 lights folder just click on sig link

j

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Where and how are you guys powering your Auxillary lights? Ignition key on activation only or triggered with stock headlights? Was thinking of those options but then might wanna flip the lights on without engine running so thinking at this point may hook them via a relay to auxilliary battery with a trigger off same battery. As the isolator keeps my batteries separate doesn't really matter if lights get left on accidentally and runs battery flat. These are sooo bright with minimal draw unlikely they'll get accidentally left on.

While I'm at it gonna hook up a VisionX LED back up rear facing light too.

Any thoughts suggestions welcome.

j

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Where and how are you guys powering your Auxillary lights? Ignition key on activation only or triggered with stock headlights? Was thinking of those options but then might wanna flip the lights on without engine running so thinking at this point may hook them via a relay to auxilliary battery with a trigger off same battery. As the isolator keeps my batteries separate doesn't really matter if lights get left on accidentally and runs battery flat. These are sooo bright with minimal draw unlikely they'll get accidentally left on.

While I'm at it gonna hook up a VisionX LED back up rear facing light to.

Any thoughts suggestions welcome.

j

Yep ya can
my stereo is on my key
my light is not....
not likely to leave light on

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Finished wiring up the front lights and installed a small LED for the rear too. Nice to have brightness, will get some pix in the wild and dark when I next get a chance and put them in the P5 lights folder in my sig link.

I have a 14-16" LED ribbon of light with integral switch think I'll put under the dash, I wanna slide the ribbon into clear vinyl hose as I don't trust the adhesive back to stick for vary long. This will also aford an extra level of durability for the light.

j

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Finished wiring up the front lights and installed a small LED for the rear too. Nice to have brightness, will get some pix in the wild and dark when I next get a chance and put them in the P5 lights folder in my sig link.

I have a 14-16" LED ribbon of light with integral switch think I'll put under the dash, I wanna slide the ribbon into clear vinyl hose as I don't trust the adhesive back to stick for vary long. This will also aford an extra level of durability for the light.

j
Please post some pics of that ribbon light when your done J...
I wanna see that! Are they colored or clear?

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
VisionX 4.5" 25 watt, Light Cannons with clear lens pix updates. Click on link in my sig then review P5 light folder. These little lights are very bright and you can get a variety of snap on covers that change the light pattern and colour pending applications. Mine are clear Lexan and I may get the euro beam which spreads the light wider but keeps the distance. The rear light is a Vision X an LED utility beam again very bright with a wide beam.

Cheers,
j

Last edited:
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Please post some pics of that ribbon light when your done J...
I wanna see that! Are they colored or clear?
@trigger
Sig picture link P5 Mod folder then P5 Interior Cab LED sub folder will take you to pix.

Slide LED string into 3/8 vinyl hose, then seal the ends with Black gasket RTV, let cure. Once done trim excess and mounted in cab with zap straps and wired to auxilliary battery. Works awesome.

Cheers, jrc

Last edited:
advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger
Sig picture link P5 Mod folder then P5 Interior Cab LED sub folder will take you to pix.

Slide LED string into 3/8 vinyl hose, then seal the ends with Black gasket RTV, let cure. Once done trim excess and mounted in cab with zap straps and wired to auxilliary battery. Works awesome.

Cheers, jrc
What is that, a push button switch on the end?

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger
Correct the string came with a push button on/off with an adhesive back. The string itself comes with a 3M adhesive back my concern was over time it would fail so that's why I put it into clear vinyl tubing. Further the factory coating over the LEDs was starting to crack in one place, so the tubing makes it more robust to wear and tare, we'll see if it fogs up. The sealant did a good job of making it water proof, overall I'm happy with it for now.

j

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger
Correct the string came with a push button on/off with an adhesive back. The string itself comes with a 3M adhesive back my concern was over time it would fail so that's why I put it into clear vinyl tubing. Further the factory coating over the LEDs was starting to crack in one place, so the tubing makes it more robust to wear and tare, we'll see if it fogs up. The sealant did a good job of making it water proof, overall I'm happy with it for now.

j
That's awesome! Normally you have to provide a switch and I'm sick of drilling holes in the dash.
How long was it and where'd you get it, if you don't mind? Got green? :D

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Correct nuff holes in the dash for now. Bought it at a local auto parts store and it about in total 16" or so. With 3' of wire lead on it. Looks to be water/weather proof, however it got moved around my shop a few times and the clear coat over one end cracked down near the flexible circuit strip... Thus the vinyl tube. And o'course I tossed the logo'ed bag it came it. I've looked on it and can't find a manufacturers label, also went to Lordco's (where I bought it) web page nada nuthin. The LED chips on it are larger, I'd guess 3mm square and the over clear coat is a soft vinyl material very flexible, the ends are heat shrunk and the control button looks to be sealed. Paid here iirc $35.00 CDN, so in the USA, probably 5 bucks... Sigh.

Not sure it it comes in colours. In a search online I've seen similar but no integrated switch... Sorry, next time I'm by the store I'll see if they still have them and post a pix for you.

j

Last edited:
Arizona

Arizona

Sep 1, 2016
Casa Grande & Show Low Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
LED lights. On 2 ATV's, 2 side x sides, and my tractor, I've mounted 25 led flood & spot lights, plus amber under dash led light tubes, glowing led's in the front grills, and under wheel well colored led accent lights including 2 color changing lights. I get all my led lights from superbrightleds.com good quality, good pricing, fast shipping. Being here in Arizona, we can license our machines and be completely road & highway legal. But I didn't feel comfortable in traffic without turn signals, so I spent 3 weeks each on 2 machines putting turn signals on, a long tough job. The main turn signal led lights are KC HiLites Cyclone I got from another online store, but all other turn signal components I got from superbrightleds. Even put police strobes on my P-500.

Reactions: Eltobgi and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
LED lights. On 2 ATV's, 2 side x sides, and my tractor, I've mounted 25 led flood & spot lights, plus amber under dash led light tubes, glowing led's in the front grills, and under wheel well colored led accent lights including 2 color changing lights. I get all my led lights from superbrightleds.com good quality, good pricing, fast shipping. Being here in Arizona, we can license our machines and be completely road & highway legal. But I didn't feel comfortable in traffic without turn signals, so I spent 3 weeks each on 2 machines putting turn signals on, a long tough job. The main turn signal led lights are KC HiLites Cyclone I got from another online store, but all other turn signal components I got from superbrightleds. Even put police strobes on my P-500.

Damn! We have a guy on here named @CumminsPusher you should meet. :)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Lets see some pictures of your P500 light install. Please and Thank You!:)

Arizona

Arizona

Sep 1, 2016
Casa Grande & Show Low Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
trigger; I've sometimes joked that I should call The Betty Ford Center to see if they have an led light addiction rehab program? :)
Eltobgi; Thanks for asking, I have some older pictures, but have since replaced many of the lights with larger stronger ones and added some more, and changed or added some colored lights. The things is, I think I'm done, then sit with a cold beer at sunset admiring my work, then think... "You know what would look good now?" And off I go again.
Picture # 1 my first basic setup a year ago, 1 spot, 2 front/side floods, 2 side floods, one rear flood. Honda stickers too.
Have also done this to my Can Am Commander SxS and ATV including turn signals.
Just got an error message after loading picture, says the file is too large for server, don't know how to fix that. My camera uses large files. Any idea on how to reduce the picture file size so it can fit here?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@Hondasxs can you help?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
trigger; I've sometimes joked that I should call The Betty Ford Center to see if they have an led light addiction rehab program? :)
Eltobgi; Thanks for asking, I have some older pictures, but have since replaced many of the lights with larger stronger ones and added some more, and changed or added some colored lights. The things is, I think I'm done, then sit with a cold beer at sunset admiring my work, then think... "You know what would look good now?" And off I go again.
Picture # 1 my first basic setup a year ago, 1 spot, 2 front/side floods, 2 side floods, one rear flood. Honda stickers too.
Have also done this to my Can Am Commander SxS and ATV including turn signals.
Just got an error message after loading picture, says the file is too large for server, don't know how to fix that. My camera uses large files. Any idea on how to reduce the picture file size so it can fit here?

Depending on your operating system there are different "image resizer" apps and plugins.

They tend to compress the file better than most cameras because the camera is trying to save as much image info as possible.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!