Axon 45 Install, Talk to Me Like I'm an Idiot

C

Cestratton

Jun 22, 2021
Harrison, AR
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok so I've researched, yes I have, and I get more confused about such a simple product. I just ordered a Warn Axon 45-S and I have a mounting bracket so no worries there. Help me with electrical. I have a Live Valve so no where to mount the rocker until I get a dash plate. I'll do the remote plug in the glove box. What do I need for key on accessory switch, plug for remote plug, etc. I basically want a clean electrical install without cutting or splicing factory wires. Links to needed components would be great. Thanks!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To start you will need some wire. Most people tend to use two different colors. They sell it at any automotive parts store (like Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts, Orielly’s or Napa). Make sure the wire you purchase is for automotive applications and rated for the appropriate amperage (a unit of measure noting the strength of electrical current) draw of the items you plan to install. You’ll have to take either cash (aka money, dollar bills, Benjamin’s, green backs etc.) or your debit/credit card (aka Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diner’s Club etc.) to pay for it (maybe ask a lady in your life to go along as they are usually very proficient at the shopping process). It is highly recommended you wear a shirt (generally cover at least your nipples), shoes (so long as they cover the bottom of your feet and at a minimum a thong in order to be allowed into the store.

Before I continue, is this the level of communication you were hoping for?

#NTC

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry when I said Lady in the prior post I failed to clarify. In this case I meant by the traditional …. boys have a penis and girls have a vagina method of determination. Also Lady is a term used for an adult girl (aka female).

#NTC

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If its a warn, get the harness from Honda. That’s what they install at the dealers. My Pk5 came with a 4500 warn from the dealer with the plug in mounted in the glove box. Then go to the Club Store and buy the pre wired rocker switch. It will plug right in to the factory harness. Works good.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If its a warn, get the harness from Honda. That’s what they install at the dealers. My Pk5 came with a 4500 warn from the dealer with the plug in mounted in the glove box. Then go to the Club Store and buy the pre wired rocker switch. It will plug right in to the factory harness. Works good.
Dealer ... while often used to describe a person that shuffles and hands out cards or a distributor of illegal substances in this case the poster meant where they sell powersports equipment.

Club Store ... the online store front for HondaSxS.com. Again, a female will be very proficient in the online ordering of items if you need assistance. Or you can always tag the bossman @Hondasxs (as I've done here) and ask for his assistance directly.

#NTC

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Jerms... you taking this idiot stuff a little hard. Lol.

As for Axon. I'm not sure. I'll have to look into it. The winch in/out units I have are not made for that one. But it has to work the same. It's just figuring out the wiring in a easy to do method.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jerms... you taking this idiot stuff a little hard. Lol.

As for Axon. I'm not sure. I'll have to look into it. The winch in/out units I have are not made for that one. But it has to work the same. It's just figuring out the wiring in a easy to do method.

Imagine if it had been a pub post. Lol.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Sorry when I said Lady in the prior post I failed to clarify. In this case I meant by the traditional …. boys have a penis and girls have a vagina method of determination. Also Lady is a term used for an adult girl (aka female).

#NTC
Did you run this by @JenElio and @Jelewis80, they have storied theories? HA!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ok so I've researched, yes I have, and I get more confused about such a simple product. I just ordered a Warn Axon 45-S and I have a mounting bracket so no worries there. Help me with electrical. I have a Live Valve so no where to mount the rocker until I get a dash plate. I'll do the remote plug in the glove box. What do I need for key on accessory switch, plug for remote plug, etc. I basically want a clean electrical install without cutting or splicing factory wires. Links to needed components would be great. Thanks!

For key-on. You would need to collect power from 2 locations. The blug plug under the dash [driver side] or the ACC scoket.
The blue plug is best for the talon. It gives a ground and a key-on positive you need for the winch.

Link - The Honda SxS Club – on vacation!

C

Cestratton

Jun 22, 2021
Harrison, AR
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I know they have to accessory harness but the whole winch kit comes with a mounting plate that I don't need. I'll eventually get a rocker plate for the dash and wire up the winch rocker. The winch comes with rocker and remote.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I installed the Warn 45-s on my P520. The electronics were so simple if you buy the Honda sub harness. Literally it is one long red wire to the battery from the winch, and one long black wire (cable) from the winch to the battery. One more wire to connect to the sub harness and plug in the remote or rocker switch... that is all it takes for the Axon 45-s.

I mounted the remote plug on a plate near the front door. But then I bought the HUB by Warn that allows your cell phone to act as the winch remote. Pretty slick!

Rob

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
(Axon 45 Install, Talk to Me Like I'm an Idiot)

Hook that wire there to you steering wheel and that other wire to your muffler and you should be go to go. I’m so glad a wiring issue thread come up so I could give some tips

C

Cestratton

Jun 22, 2021
Harrison, AR
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
(Axon 45 Install, Talk to Me Like I'm an Idiot)

Hook that wire there to you steering wheel and that other wire to your muffler and you should be go to go. I’m so glad a wiring issue thread come up so I could give some tips
When it gets here that's what I'll do. Could you perhaps make a diagram for me in crayon? That would really help a ton.

C

Cestratton

Jun 22, 2021
Harrison, AR
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
To start you will need some wire. Most people tend to use two different colors. They sell it at any automotive parts store (like Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts, Orielly’s or Napa). Make sure the wire you purchase is for automotive applications and rated for the appropriate amperage (a unit of measure noting the strength of electrical current) draw of the items you plan to install. You’ll have to take either cash (aka money, dollar bills, Benjamin’s, green backs etc.) or your debit/credit card (aka Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diner’s Club etc.) to pay for it (maybe ask a lady in your life to go along as they are usually very proficient at the shopping process). It is highly recommended you wear a shirt (generally cover at least your nipples), shoes (so long as they cover the bottom of your feet and at a minimum a thong in order to be allowed into the store.

Before I continue, is this the level of communication you were hoping for?

#NTC
I'm from Arkansas so I'm able to decipher this talk. In other words I'm picking up what you're putting down.

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
When it gets here that's what I'll do. Could you perhaps make a diagram for me in crayon? That would really help a ton.
No problem I was born to do this no homo 🤣🤣🤣
AF0A68D3 F537 4386 AADE 67DC536901A5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!