P700m4 AXON Winch and 2nd Battery Install

B

BKelly

May 7, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
Finally finished 2nd battery and AXON winch install! I could not have done this without the information and help on this forum. Thank you! I've posted some aspects of the battery install on other threads. I went with the AXON since its contactor is integrated within the winch, which would leave me more room under the 700 hood. I wanted room to possibly add a fuse block and stinger later for other accessories.

IMG 4441 IMG 5368 IMG 4686

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Nice,
Did you happen to take any more picture of the AXON? Yours is the first we have seen.

B

BKelly

May 7, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
Nice,
Did you happen to take any more picture of the AXON? Yours is the first we have seen.

Thanks. No, I didn't. I'll see if I can take some more of it installed. I will say that I was impressed with the clean/simple design. There was only one lead with a plug for a simple harness (included) that connected to the in/out switch and plug for remote; and then just two posts for battery cable lugs. The clutch design patterned after an old hub was a flashback for when I used to get out of the truck to lock the hubs :). But is surprisingly simple and easy to use. The blue light on the switch turns green when winch is running, and is supposed to turn yellow, then orange, then red based on status of winch/battery. Not very clear in documentation so I will have to see how that works in practice. My only concern is how durable the integrated contactor will be. Time will tell but the advertisement is true, it dramatically reduced install time.

Reactions: swsebek
B

BKelly

May 7, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
@Hondasxs here's the best I can do for more photos.

IMG 1237 IMG 7986 IMG 9349

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That is cool man. I was just wondering.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Iceguy31

Iceguy31

Sep 12, 2018
Huntsville, Al
Ownership

1. 700-2
I see your winch is turned backward like the factory kit. Which way did you wind the cable? Do the Warn docs tell you a specific direction?

edit: I see now that you went the expected direction (exits the drum off the "bottom/front", which is the top/front in this case". The Honda-Warn winch is turned but still sits mostly upright, with a remote that has it wind in/out backward from the Warn docs.

Last edited:
B

BKelly

May 7, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
I see your winch is turned backward like the factory kit. Which way did you wind the cable? Do the Warn docs tell you a specific direction?

edit: I see now that you went the expected direction (exits the drum off the "bottom/front", which is the top/front in this case". The Honda-Warn winch is turned but still sits mostly upright, with a remote that has it wind in/out backward from the Warn docs.

Yes, I think I agree with everything you said! The documentation specifies the direction it's wound--Out the "bottom" which when mounted as I did, and as you said, is now the top. Agreed on switches too. I thought that was me loosing my mind when they worked opposite what I expected--I can live with it though. Documentation does not show button function.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!