• Welcome to HONDASXS.com

If you are a guest please take time to REGISTER with us. Stay up to date on the Honda Side by Side line and take part in our online forum. Check out the FAQ. Once you register you can start to make post. Users will respond to your question or statement. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit below or click the board index to see a list of all forums. Thanks and have fun.

P700m4 AXON Winch and 2nd Battery Install

Discussion in 'Pioneer 700 Accessories and Modifications' started by BKelly, Sep 13, 2018.

1. BKelly

BKelly Member

Ownership:
    700-4
    Finally finished 2nd battery and AXON winch install! I could not have done this without the information and help on this forum. Thank you! I've posted some aspects of the battery install on other threads. I went with the AXON since its contactor is integrated within the winch, which would leave me more room under the 700 hood. I wanted room to possibly add a fuse block and stinger later for other accessories.

IMG_4441.JPG IMG_5368.JPG IMG_4686.JPG

jinx, swsebek and Neohio like this.
  2. Hondasxs

Hondasxs Club Founder
    Staff Member Moderator Club Contributor

Ownership:
    1000-5
    Nice,
    Did you happen to take any more picture of the AXON? Yours is the first we have seen.

3. BKelly

BKelly Member

Ownership:
    700-4
    Thanks. No, I didn't. I'll see if I can take some more of it installed. I will say that I was impressed with the clean/simple design. There was only one lead with a plug for a simple harness (included) that connected to the in/out switch and plug for remote; and then just two posts for battery cable lugs. The clutch design patterned after an old hub was a flashback for when I used to get out of the truck to lock the hubs :). But is surprisingly simple and easy to use. The blue light on the switch turns green when winch is running, and is supposed to turn yellow, then orange, then red based on status of winch/battery. Not very clear in documentation so I will have to see how that works in practice. My only concern is how durable the integrated contactor will be. Time will tell but the advertisement is true, it dramatically reduced install time.

swsebek likes this.
  4. BKelly

BKelly Member

Ownership:
    700-4
    @Hondasxs here's the best I can do for more photos.

IMG_1237.JPG IMG_7986.JPG IMG_9349.JPG

5. Hondasxs

Hondasxs Club Founder

Ownership:
    1000-5
    That is cool man. I was just wondering.
    Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6. Iceguy31

Iceguy31 New Member

Ownership:
    700-2
    I see your winch is turned backward like the factory kit. Which way did you wind the cable? Do the Warn docs tell you a specific direction?

edit: I see now that you went the expected direction (exits the drum off the "bottom/front", which is the top/front in this case". The Honda-Warn winch is turned but still sits mostly upright, with a remote that has it wind in/out backward from the Warn docs.

#6 Iceguy31, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  7. BKelly

BKelly Member

Ownership:
    700-4
    Yes, I think I agree with everything you said! The documentation specifies the direction it's wound--Out the "bottom" which when mounted as I did, and as you said, is now the top. Agreed on switches too. I thought that was me loosing my mind when they worked opposite what I expected--I can live with it though. Documentation does not show button function.

8. motorman18

motorman18 Active Member

Which winch did you go with size

9. Hondasxs

Hondasxs Club Founder

Ownership:
    1000-5
    BKelly likes this.