P1000 Backflip?

4-speed

Aug 30, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am not new to atvs,dirt bikes, off roading in general. I recently purchased a 1000-5 and I am thinking about taking my family along from time to time. I was wondering if anyone has flipped their ride over backwards? Are hills sketchy with passengers in the rear? Will I most likely lose traction before the front gets too light?

Reactions: TripleB
R

rickoshea

probably a good idea to get some miles under your belt before you try anything extreme and get a good feel for your machine.although after over 40 years of dirt bikes,sand rails,4x4s and so on,i still don't know better...the tip table said 36.6 deg and i didn't listen.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome to the forum.
Since you have experience in off-roading, I would do some rides by myself for a while. I've had mine get a little bit light fronted when I've pushed the edge but haven't gone over. Guess that I'm beginning to be a little bit cautious in my old age.

4-speed

Aug 30, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum.
Since you have experience in off-roading, I would do some rides by myself for a while. I've had mine get a little bit light fronted when I've pushed the edge but haven't gone over. Guess that I'm beginning to be a little bit cautious in my old age.
I gave up on the dirt bike years ago and since I have turned 40 my idea of "fun" is a little different than it used to be.

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If your a experienced rider u will know when your on something u shouldn't be. I dont notice my kids in the back but there still young. I've had family come in from Baltimore. lets just say there not light ladies, and they didn't want the scenic tour they wanted to have fun. the 1000-5 handle herself quite well.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've had scary situations where I thought I was going end over end forward. So far no issues climbing anything. At rrb a few weekends back I took a go around and slid down a ravine. When stopped we were standing on the front bumper.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've had scary situations where I thought I was going end over end forward. So far no issues climbing anything. At rrb a few weekends back I took a go around and slid down a ravine. When stopped we were standing on the front bumper.
I've had a few whew incidents in my life! HA!

Glank

Glank

Jul 20, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am not new to atvs,dirt bikes, off roading in general. I recently purchased a 1000-5 and I am thinking about taking my family along from time to time. I was wondering if anyone has flipped their ride over backwards? Are hills sketchy with passengers in the rear? Will I most likely lose traction before the front gets too light?
Our family of 5 road 100+ miles in Michigan this past weekend. My 14 year old and 12 year old were in the back. I also have a JEI bed extender off the back with about 100 lbs of extra weight in totes and ropak gas can. This is to say the back end had extra weight and a longer moment arm. We didn't get crazy, but we hit some small inclines at speed and I never noticed the front lifting up from all the weight in the back.

amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If ur gut tells U its a bad idea it prob is. I am also a new 1000-5 owner and caution is is a good thing early on. I have had a Chevy Truck and a Kaw mule with fromt wheels off the ground hitting a unexpected bump getting up steam to complete steep climb. Not fun. Stop let lassengers walk up sketchy hills until u feel comfortable with machine dynamics

Of course theres always Hold my beer- Yall watch this lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!