P500 Bad Angle Sensor on New P500

A

Austin179

May 18, 2019
Ownership

1. 500
Purchased a new P500 last Friday. I took it home and drove it around on the street for a while (about 10 miles) and it seemed to be shifting a little rough. It also took a couple cranks for it to start. I didn't think anything was really wrong but I wanted to make sure so I took it back to the dealer. The tech drove it around and agreed that it didn't seem to be as smooth as it should be so he asked that I leave it. They checked it out and said there was a code for the angle sensor. I thought that would have set a check engine light, but it didn't. Anyways, they replace it and it now starts right up and shifts perfect. Just thought I would share incase anyone else has the same issues.

CaboJim

CaboJim

Nov 1, 2018
Washougal WA
Ownership

1. 500
Good to know. Picked mine up in December, and at times it starts and dies when first attempting to start cold. Are these equipped with an OB2 connector?

Reactions: rtn001 and DG Rider
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Purchased a new P500 last Friday. I took it home and drove it around on the street for a while (about 10 miles) and it seemed to be shifting a little rough. It also took a couple cranks for it to start. I didn't think anything was really wrong but I wanted to make sure so I took it back to the dealer. The tech drove it around and agreed that it didn't seem to be as smooth as it should be so he asked that I leave it. They checked it out and said there was a code for the angle sensor. I thought that would have set a check engine light, but it didn't. Anyways, they replace it and it now starts right up and shifts perfect. Just thought I would share incase anyone else has the same issues.
What is a angle sensor?

Reactions: rtn001
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Good to know. Picked mine up in December, and at times it starts and dies when first attempting to start cold. Are these equipped with an OB2 connector?
No, but I believe it has a connector for a proprietary Honda scanner.

Reactions: rtn001 and CaboJim

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!