P1000m5 Baja Pioneer

BajaNicky

BajaNicky

Jan 5, 2019
Bay Area/East Cape, Baja Sur/Hutchinson Isl., FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So we picked up a 2018 Pioneer 1k LE last month and had her shipped straight to our place in Baja sight unseen. A little ballsy, but exciting haha! We got to connect w/ her for the first time last week and immediately hit the trails and beaches w/ her. So much damn FUN! She was a bit of a late Christmas gift for the wife, was love at first sight. Don't think I've ever seen her this giddy!! Quickly named her Rhonda LaHonda:D First impressions: She rips! We couldn't even find a P1K to test drive locally, only got to play around w/ a 700 prior to this, man, night and day... We took her on some surface streets, definitely worth taking the 30 seconds to stiffen up the shocks if planning on running 45+mph. And definitely worth doing the opposite when running over rugged terrain. It's such a breeze to adjust, super convenient. The machine came w/ an OE windscreen and audioformz roof amongst a few other goodies. After the first trip, we took off the top half of the windscreen, we found it bothersome for offroading as the split was causing some vision obstruction when picking lines through rocky terrain. The roof is a nice addition, the lights are crazy bright and were a huge help when running offroad after sunset. It's pretty squeaky on rough terrain though, will need to see what we can do about that. Also noticed that the windshield mounting clamps had rubbed the rollcage paint off and there was some superficial corrosion that i need to address (esp in this salty environment). Another observation: was driving her in sandals while headed to the beach, that footwell get's friggin toasty! Overall though, we are so excited to have her and have already made some great memories. I think our favorite thing about her so far is the utility of being able to just pull up to a random beach, right into the sand and setup our chairs and umbrella and whatnot, that use to be such a production w/o her... She's opened up a ton of adventure opportunities for us overnight. Onto some pics!

0338d3de 0683 4799 b151 bd811c732a94 original

1d41249a aa0e 4a4f 8f69 a576465749c9 original

F917c5d0 7abd 4819 bdf7 c7acb0f069e9 original

1aad1f93 58dc 43b3 84ab 512080a2b8f1 original

40b55673 67d1 4ece 8a80 825818b259f9 original

A900cabc 2819 45c9 a407 dce373685f5c original

1e4771e8 b89c 4689 b8de 785f687284be original

59b77008 d391 479a a6ec 1ebc277d4350 original

0c5ed39d 19a8 4a39 b88b c45bacd4a4c4 original

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So we picked up a 2018 Pioneer 1k LE last month and had her shipped straight to our place in Baja sight unseen. A little ballsy, but exciting haha! We got to connect w/ her for the first time last week and immediately hit the trails and beaches w/ her. So much damn FUN! She was a bit of a late Christmas gift for the wife, was love at first sight. Don't think I've ever seen her this giddy!! Quickly named her Rhonda LaHonda:D First impressions: She rips! We couldn't even find a P1K to test drive locally, only got to play around w/ a 700 prior to this, man, night and day... We took her on some surface streets, definitely worth taking the 30 seconds to stiffen up the shocks if planning on running 45+mph. And definitely worth doing the opposite when running over rugged terrain. It's such a breeze to adjust, super convenient. The machine came w/ an OE windscreen and audioformz roof amongst a few other goodies. After the first trip, we took off the top half of the windscreen, we found it bothersome for offroading as the split was causing some vision obstruction when picking lines through rocky terrain. The roof is a nice addition, the lights are crazy bright and were a huge help when running offroad after sunset. It's pretty squeaky on rough terrain though, will need to see what we can do about that. Also noticed that the windshield mounting clamps had rubbed the rollcage paint off and there was some superficial corrosion that i need to address (esp in this salty environment). Another observation: was driving her in sandals while headed to the beach, that footwell get's friggin toasty! Overall though, we are so excited to have her and have already made some great memories. I think our favorite thing about her so far is the utility of being able to just pull up to a random beach, right into the sand and setup our chairs and umbrella and whatnot, that use to be such a production w/o her... She's opened up a ton of adventure opportunities for us overnight. Onto some pics!

View attachment 107063

View attachment 107064

View attachment 107065

View attachment 107066

View attachment 107067

View attachment 107068

View attachment 107069

View attachment 107070

View attachment 107071
Sweet looking rig.Nice pics

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!