Ball Joint Removal

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Good Vid...I will be glad when it warms up so you do have to do these vids in the SNOW...

Reactions: jay_man81
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is how to remove and press in ball joints for your a-arms. This was done on 1000-5 a-arms but the process is the same for pretty much all ball joints.

Nice video...another good tip is to take a flat punch and peck around the snap ring to make sure its fully seated so you dont end up like @my99svt .

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Couple tips @jay_man81
When pressing the ball joint back in, use one of the round spacers to push on the lip of the BJ at the base. Trying to press directly on the stud is a nightmare.
When installing the snap ring, there proper way to orient the snap ring. Get nice and close with the ring, you will notice one side is rounded, and one side has a sharp edge. You want to install so the sharp side goes away from the part being held on.
If you need clarification, I can try to snap a few pictures.

Reactions: Mudwing
jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
[/QUOTE]
Couple tips @jay_man81
When pressing the ball joint back in, use one of the round spacers to push on the lip of the BJ at the base. Trying to press directly on the stud is a nightmare.
When installing the snap ring, there proper way to orient the snap ring. Get nice and close with the ring, you will notice one side is rounded, and one side has a sharp edge. You want to install so the sharp side goes away from the part being held on.
If you need clarification, I can try to snap a few pictures.
Thanks for the tips. I would have used a spacer and not pressed directly on the stud but the harbor freight kit didn’t have the right size spacer to do that so I didn’t have a choice...lol. I didn’t realize that about the snap ring though so thanks for sharing! I’ll make sure to check them before I button everything up!

Reactions: Chooglin
jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Good Vid...I will be glad when it warms up so you do have to do these vids in the SNOW...
ME TOO! I told my wife that a must do project for me this year is a nice HEATED garage build for working in next winter. My hillbilly garage does it’s job but is only big enough for one machine at a time...lol.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!