Talon Base model Talon in the future?

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So, one would almost have to think that as the Talon becomes established in Honda’s lineup, they will offer a base trim package right? Solid color plastics, steel wheels, standard 4WD system, etc.....

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, one would almost have to think that as the Talon becomes established in Honda’s lineup, they will offer a base trim package right? Solid color plastics, steel wheels, standard 4WD system, etc.....
That would be ideal, and cheaper.

Reactions: BWAF
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Well, except that what you see now is likely the base model. One thing no one has brought up about I-4WD is why, well you can thank the government for that. I-4WD already has everything needed for ABS feature, just needs turned on in the ECM, before long regulations will require ABS as a safety requirement in all UTV's might not be for a couple of years but it's coming and the Talons and LE Pioneers are all ready to comply with just a few lines of code turned on. All brought to us by a ruling body that screwed up a gas can.

Images

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, except that what you see now is likely the base model. One thing no one has brought up about I-4WD is why, well you can thank the government for that. I-4WD already has everything needed for ABS feature, just needs turned on in the ECM, before long regulations will require ABS as a safety requirement in all UTV's might not be for a couple of years but it's coming and the Talons and LE Pioneers are all ready to comply with just a few lines of code turned on. All brought to us by a ruling body that screwed up a gas can.

View attachment 115305
They still could offer a stripped down version. I would think that there is defiantly a market that would be interested in this machine without flashy paint, wheels, and other goodies. Just give me the necessities at a discounted price kind of buyers. I bought the base model P1000-3 and added all of the “extras” that I like. I would gladly do it again.

Reactions: Plumber32 and BWAF
Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree, this may be the base model.

Maybe a turbo version will follow.

Reactions: JACKAL and BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think other than HEAVY skid, winch, tires, a couple lights, a cab for winter, and HAM radio I won’t be modding my Talon very much.

Reactions: BWAF and JACKAL

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!