Battery Bolts

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
idahohntr said:
Has anyone considered installing a bussbar, thus only have one additional wire going to the battery? I don't see why it would not work as I used that in my boat to power misc accessories and it was a clean install.

I think this is the best answer to the issue. Probably have to go on the driver side as their is little room near the battery. Likely it should be part of the switch and gauge kit…..or just furnish it as "standard" because most everyone adds electrical accessories.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya. I like the bus idea... But what happens when......

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384875394087.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384875394087.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 429
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is pretty much what I did when I added my switch panel. Ran an 8ga wire to a 8Circuit fuse block under the hood, then connected the loads to the fuse block. Gave me a bussbar and all my fuses in one place so far it has stayed clean and dry.

Besides I plan on putting a full sized battery under the drivers seat.

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Hondasxs said:

Time for a larger bar!! he he

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
Hondasxs said:

Yep….looks pretty much like a saddle on a sow. Pretty much what you have now with a main battery cable, wire to the Honda switch panel, battery tender, and a winch cable…..and possibly more. Not much room near that battery box…..and now you got a frail connection to boot. Duh!

I did find some longer #6 metric screws….but only available locally in stainless steel. (I think stainless is a good electircal transmitter.) At least I'll get more than two thread-turns.

Realize that I'm playing the devils advocate a little here. :twisted: But….this is my cause to make things better. I don't know why you want to disagree. It's dumb….and the UTV manufactures / battery manufactures oughtta get it right. You don't find cars wired like this…..do you? :roll: I EXPECT better out of Honda.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
foggy said:
Hondasxs said:

Yep….looks pretty much like a saddle on a sow. Pretty much what you have now with a main battery cable, wire to the Honda switch panel, battery tender, and a winch cable…..and possibly more. Not much room near that battery box…..and now you got a frail connection to boot. Duh!

I did find some longer #6 metric screws….but only available locally in stainless steel. (I think stainless is a good electircal transmitter.) At least I'll get more than two thread-turns.

Realize that I'm playing the devils advocate a little here. :twisted: But….this is my cause to make things better. I don't know why you want to disagree. It's dumb….and the UTV manufactures / battery manufactures oughtta get it right. You don't find cars wired like this…..do you? :roll: I EXPECT better out of Honda.
…….Especially after paying a relatively high price for these "genuine" electrical accessory items.

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Foggy's still venting- let it out, we are here for you!

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hi guys. I saw this thread a month ago, and had no idea what it was about. But, I installed the Honda Switch Panel/Fuse Box last night, and now I feel your pain. Initially, I didn't realize how the bolt connected, and tried to screw it in, and I was like, oh s***, this bolt isn't long enough any more. But then I seen how the nut was free floating and needed raised up so the bolt would catch it. I used a wire tie to lift it.

I agree, it seems like a very stupid design, whomever's fault it is.

advertisement
F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
This is common with most small batteries. Ya it is very annoying, I found a zip tie end works well to raise the nut like you said above.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!