P700 Replacing the iddy bitty original battery

G

Gizzy_44

Feb 1, 2021
Duhamel, Quebec
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looking for advice to replace original battery with a larger size.

Can i just lenghten the battery wire terminals and relocate new larger battery under driver side?

thanx

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2

Can i just lenghten the battery wire terminals and relocate new larger battery under driver side?

thanx
You could, I suppose. Someone somewhere posted that if you trim an area in the current batter box, you can actually fit a much larger battery, albeit, still a power sports type. Hopefully, someone will remember the specifics...

Reactions: Hondasxs
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

thanx
Yes, This may be the best option for you.
There is not much as for a bigger direct replacement outside of a lithium battery.
But I see you are in a cold area so I would not recommend lithium.

1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Search in 700 forum. You can fit a YTX 20 after triming out original battery location. I will be doing it as soon as my current battery fails. Its 310 vs 220 cold cranking amps.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!