P700 Larger Battery Original Location

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Anyone know if a little larger battery will fit in the original location of the stock battery? I only have a winch and turn signals and really not sure if I will add much more. Maybe a light bar. Yuasa makes a little bit larger battery that is maybe a little under an inch longer and several eights inch taller. Same width. It is the GYZ20H and gives 320 CCA's and 20AH's compared to 200 CCA's and 12AH's of the original. The exact upgrade replacement for the YTX14 (original) to GYZ16H (upgrade) gives 240 CCA's and 16AH's so if a little bigger would fit you do get a pretty good little jump in performance going to the next size up.

Reactions: Mudwing
1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
GYZ20H will fit if you cut out a small plastic piece in battery box. I found a post on this site talking about it. Haven't done it myself as my battery I have now is pretty new and I hate to waste money.. When my battery does start to fail I will upgrade to the GYZ20H, make sure you do not get one with "L" after it as terminals will not be in correct locations.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
GYZ20H will fit if you cut out a small plastic piece in battery box. I found a post on this site talking about it. Haven't done it myself as my battery I have now is pretty new and I hate to waste money.. When my battery does start to fail I will upgrade to the GYZ20H, make sure you do not get one with "L" after it as terminals will not be in correct locations.
Thanks 1950willys. Thanks for the reply. In the next couple of months I will probably be giving it a try. Mine acts like it is starting to get a little weaker. Don't want to risk it.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!