BOX1

P1000 Battery Ground Point

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I searched and I'm still not clear. Where is the EASIEST point to ground the second battery and accessories.?

Reactions: sharp
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I searched and I'm still not clear. Where is the EASIEST point to ground the second battery and accessories.?
You want the first and second battery grounds directly connected.

If your winch contactor is under the good use the neg feed to the contactor as a buss point for both neg posts from the batteries.

Reactions: sharp and Deluxe700
OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just go back to the motor where the stock battery is grounded

I was hoping for a junction box or bus bar ground that lead back to the engine block that I could ground accessories. Has anyone installed one out of convenience? The 2016's do not appeared pre-wired for a winch so I'll be doing all that myself.

J

JTW

I was hoping for a junction box or bus bar ground that lead back to the engine block that I could ground accessories. Has anyone installed one out of convenience? The 2016's do not appeared pre-wired for a winch so I'll be doing all that myself.
No.. just go back to the motor and put your own ground bar in. You’ll have fewer issues if you do it right from the get go.

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No.. just go back to the motor and put your own ground bar in. You’ll have fewer issues if you do it right from the get go.

I don't think I explained that very well. Leave the stock battery ground as it, to the engine. Run a second ground wire from this same point on the engine to the Aux battery. Then a grounded bus bar that connects to the negative side of the aux battery that the winch, accessories fuse panel and anything else that needs a ground on the Aux side ground to.

J

JTW

I don't think I explained that very well. Leave the stock battery ground as it, to the engine. Run a second ground wire from this same point on the engine to the Aux battery. Then a grounded bus bar that connects to the negative side of the aux battery that the winch, accessories fuse panel and anything else that needs a ground on the Aux side ground to.
Yes.. that’s how mine is. You can’t have too much ground. So from this point (aux battery) you could also go back to the frame or even the stock battery in addition to.

545DBA5C 0E67 4B64 81D5 9D2876BDE574 BFDFC5D2 31C3 4CD0 AD41 9378F566794F

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!