P1000 Battery Tender??

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
I run battery tenders on all my stuff, my question is I've got a dual battery setup with the tru Isolater , Do I have to put the quick connects on both batteries or just the factory battery?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I believe just the OEM battery. The isolator should connect the two when voltage rises on the primary battery.

I'll have to check this when I get home.

Here's a link to a nice permanent mount maintainer.

SE-1-12S-CA

Waterproof and very small

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
I run battery tenders on all my stuff, my question is I've got a dual battery setup with the tru Isolater , Do I have to put the quick connects on both batteries or just the factory battery?

Depends on the charger you use.
Info from Battery Tender: "In most cases, a 12 volt lead-acid battery, at 100% SOC, will have a rest voltage between 12.8 and 13.1 volts. That means an effective float voltage need only be as high as 12.9 to 13.2 volts. However, most Battery Tender® battery chargers have float voltages between 13.3 and 13.5 volts"

True Isolator connects the pair of batteries @ 13.4 volts and disconnects @ 12.9 volts.

Quick connects on both batteries to be sure.

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
I believe just the OEM battery. The isolator should connect the two when voltage rises on the primary battery.

I'll have to check this when I get home.

Here's a link to a nice permanent mount maintainer.

SE-1-12S-CA

Waterproof and very small
I personally use these they work really well.

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I would do each one independent each week or something. If you connect them in parallel and they are not the same make and size or age you tend to overcharge one and shorten it's lifespan.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This was a question I had too. I was doing a little research on the Blue Sea mini add-a battery that a lot of guys use, and came across a new product that they are suppose to release this month. I looks like it comes with the disconnect switch and a permanent mounted battery charger/acr relay combined. Might be something worth researching some more. Looks like it charges both batteries individual when you plug it in. I think you can just buy the charger separately if you want to also.
Mini Add-A-Battery Plus Kit - 65A - Blue Sea Systems

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
I just put the battery tender jr on the factory battery with the temp alligator clips after few mins the blue light on the True ISO. lighted up blue , the tender is showing red so that means its charging so it looks like for now its charging both batteries but I'm gonna keep eye on it, normally with just the factory battery the tender shows 80percent charged with 10 mins and fully charged with in 20 mins.