BOX1

P700 Battery winch cables too short

P

PatShan

Dec 6, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi. My wife and I bought a 700-4 last year and it came with a Redlands 5000 lb winch that wasn't installed. I have everything mounted and installed except for the 2 cables from the switching controller to the winch itself. The cables are about 6" too short. I need them to be at least 48" long but am having trouble sourcing them here in Ontario Canada. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

A

A29Adriver

Feb 17, 2021
Northern California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
In the U.S. some independent automobile parts stores have the capabilities of making electric cables, since you only need a short cable and a four foot one would have you snaking them all over the place to store the cable you don't need, I would call a local auto parts store to see whether they might be able to make you one, or point you to someone who could. You might still pay $30 dollars for them, but you would not have 3 extra feet on each cable to deal with.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
In the U.S. some independent automobile parts stores have the capabilities of making electric cables, since you only need a short cable and a four foot one would have you snaking them all over the place to store the cable you don't need, I would call a local auto parts store to see whether they might be able to make you one, or point you to someone who could. You might still pay $30 dollars for them, but you would not have 3 extra feet on each cable to deal with.
You can pick how long you want it on Amazon

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
welder cables, or quality jumper cables are a good source for wire if need be, just buy the proper crimp on lugs for the size cable your using, some heat shrink tubing. crimp them, then solder them and apply heat shrink tubing

That's what i did. Welding cable is very flexible.

C

caverat

Feb 3, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2
You could go to any auto parts house buy rubber jacketed battery cable. home depot has mechanical lugs in the electrical department. that way you could build your own the length you want. also a hammer type crimper is cheap. Another option is while your at the auto parts store is get the copper lugs in the size you need then you can just insert the cable into the copper lug and melt solder into it with a propane torch

Reactions: NewHere2
V

Vstingray

Dec 1, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Which side of the unit do you have the cable connections for the winch? Passenger or driver side. I know the Warren winches must have the connections on the driver's side. If not your cables will be too short. The winch will Mount either way.

Reactions: NewHere2
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!