P700 New battery issue. Help!

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
The battery on my 2020 700-4 finally crapped out. I read every thread in here about which battery to get. I decided to go with a bigger size vs a duel battery set up. I knocked out that little plastic piece and the new battery fits perfect. The problem is that the positive and negative terminals are flipped from the stock battery and the cables won’t reach. What do I do?

Here is the battery I bought from a direct link from a previous thread.

Yuasa lead acid YUAM320BS YTX20L-BS Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000H7DXBO?tag=sxsweb24-20

Reactions: Remington
03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Pic of new battery

IMG 6491

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The problem is that the positive and negative terminals are flipped from the stock battery and the cables won’t reach. What do I do?
Return it for the proper sided terminals. Check with the battery manufacture and determined the correct part #. Or you can flip the battery if your cables reach. Or run new cables. That would suck and not be fun

Reactions: trigger and osobad
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The battery on my 2020 700-4 finally crapped out. I read every thread in here about which battery to get. I decided to go with a bigger size vs a duel battery set up. I knocked out that little plastic piece and the new battery fits perfect. The problem is that the positive and negative terminals are flipped from the stock battery and the cables won’t reach. What do I do?

Here is the battery I bought from a direct link from a previous thread.

Yuasa lead acid YUAM320BS YTX20L-BS Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000H7DXBO?tag=sxsweb24-20
Normally you can buy the same battery with left or right hand positive post?

Reactions: osobad
03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
I bought it through Amazon and already added the acid so I don’t think they will take it back.

• Sad
Reactions: Smitty335
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
u have 4 choices

1. Do nothing and stare at your choice while drinking beers
2. Get the correct battery
3. Run new cables
4. Add extensions to your cables - not recommended

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I bought it through Amazon and already added the acid so I don’t think they will take it back.
Amazon is stupid to these things.
Pink colored haired know nothing mechanical Millennials work there! Just do the return and select the “dosnt not work for my application” get the free shipping code amd send it back.

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
I just tried doing the Amazon return and got this message.

“This item is non-returnable, but you may contact Customer Service to request a refund or replacement.”

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I just tried doing the Amazon return and got this message.

“This item is non-returnable, but you may contact Customer Service to request a refund or replacement.”
Typical Amazon.
Do u have prime?
I would and have done this before as well. When u went in the app for the return, you have to look, they give u an option to call them. Then u actually talk with someone. Tell then your issue and then they might do something. Ive had very good luck with this in this type of situation. I also have prime membership and that helps. You can try the manufacture, but like most of there stuff its 3rd party and that might end up being a $hit show.

If all else fails, might have to just bite the bulett and buy the correct one and use the one u have in your riding mower or something? Lessoned learned.

I also try to stay away from the adding acid to batteries type for that reason and other reasons. Your stuck with them if it goes south on you. Can be a mess and I never had much luck with longevity. Even in my sleds

Last edited:
Reactions: Scoop
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Typical Amazon.
Do u have prime?
I would and have done this before as well. When u went in the app for the return, you have to look, they give u an option to call them. Then u actually talk with someone. Tell then your issue and then they might do something. Ive had very good luck with this in this type of situation. I also have prime membership and that helps. You can try the manufacture, but like most of there stuff its 3rd party and that might end up being a $hit show.

If all else fails, might have to just bite the bulett and buy the correct one and use the one u have in your riding mower or something? Lessoned learned.

I also try to stay away from the adding acid to batteries type for that reason and other reasons. Your stuck with them if it goes south on you. Can be a mess and I never had much luck with longevity. Even in my sleds
I've got Amazon Prime, Chase Amazon Visa, and they STILL make you go through hoops for some things. Bought 2 identical pair of shoes, they felt cheap, so I returned both together, exactly as I bought them. Long story short, they only gave me credit for returning one pair even though both were in the same box and on the same return label. Took me over 2 months to finally get it resolved, including 3 different phone calls per the same process you described above. From now on, I'm placing separate orders when buying more than one of the same thing (unless there is some discount).

Also, I just bought a Deka ETC30L battery for the Talon's AUX battery. Ready to install, no games with filling the cells first, and - most importantly - made in the US by East Penn in PA. More money? Sure. But a far better battery and I'm helping keep US workers employed.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Just FYI, Yuasa has manufactured batteries here since 1979. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yup. I always try to buy US made products. I wasn't trying to imply that Yuasa was not US-made. Guess I should have written, "But a far better battery than foreign made batteries." I was simply sharing one the various reasons that led me to purchase a Deka battery.

Reactions: Remington and CID
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Not to get off topic, but I'm wondering if having to add the acid is standard now for batteries shipped, rather than purchased in a retail store. The last two Yuasa batteries I purchased (within this year), one shipped from a Honda dealer, and one through Amazon, had to have the acid added. It was no big deal, but I was a little surprised.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Not to get off topic, but I'm wondering if having to add the acid is standard now for batteries shipped, rather than purchased in a retail store. The last two Yuasa batteries I purchased within the last year, one shipped from a Honda dealer, and one through Amazon, had to have the acid added. It was no big deal, but I was a little surprised.
The Deka I just purchased was shipped and was completely sealed, just plug-and-play. No playing with acid. I do recall several other batteries that were advertised as "ready to install" that would also be shipped via common carrier.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Not to get off topic, but I'm wondering if having to add the acid is standard now for batteries shipped, rather than purchased in a retail store. The last two Yuasa batteries I purchased (within this year), one shipped from a Honda dealer, and one through Amazon, had to have the acid added. It was no big deal, but I was a little surprised.

The Deka I just purchased was shipped and was completely sealed, just plug-and-play. No playing with acid. I do recall several other batteries that were advertised as "ready to install" that would also be shipped via common carrier.
Maybe the difference between lead acid and AGM?

V

Vol

Feb 26, 2021
Tennesee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I have a 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 D dead battery causing my electrical power steering light to stay on and affecting the shifting of my transmission. Could a bad battery be the cause?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!