P1000m5 Beadlock rims.

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
Before all you guys go saying using the search function I did and it only came up with 3 posts and none of them answered my questions. First a little back ground. I was riding the other weekend in the mud at night and I don't know how I did it but I got stuck (well I know how I did that) but I piped the outer bead on both front tires. Once I recovered the pioneer I was not able to get the bead off the other side to wash out the rim and tire. I tried driving on the tire very close to the rim with my tractor and all it would do is flatten the tread of the tire. So I took the tires down to a shop had them pop the beads took them home cleaned out the tires and the rims and took them back to have them put back on. So I said to myself I know how to cure this problem if it ever happens again. Get beadlock rims. But my question is them only lock one side so will I still have the problem getting the inside off the rim? Should I get duel beadlock? Besides running lower pressure is there any other benefit? For people who have them are they worth the hassle? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and drfubar
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just had a set of sti hd9's mounted but haven't had a chance to get them off-road yet. I kept knocking tires off the bead as well. Really hoping these cure that. Haven't knocked the inside bead off yet though so hoping that's not a problem.

J

JTW

I just had a set of sti hd9's mounted but haven't had a chance to get them off-road yet. I kept knocking tires off the bead as well. Really hoping these cure that. Haven't knocked the inside bead off yet though so hoping that's not a problem.
What psi were you running when you were knocking them off?

Reactions: sharp
B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red
I got them. It's just a hassle. I run rocktane tires . Reason I bought beadlocks was that I had problems with the bighorn 2.0. I don't think I need bead locks anymore. I just decrease and increase tire psi on the trail as needed with a superflow compressor.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I spend the money on headlocks it will be for dual headlocks. If I bought just outers then had issues with the inner I would be a mad sucker. Might as well get inner and outer. My $.02

Probably worth what you paid for it...

J

JTW

If I spend the money on headlocks it will be for dual headlocks. If I bought just outers then had issues with the inner I would be a mad sucker. Might as well get inner and outer. My $.02

Probably worth what you paid for it...

This is sound advice!!

Reactions: Mudwing and sharp
SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
If you have the base model with steel wheels you can email ebay sellers that offer 15" and up metal bead lock diy kits and they can cnc a set for around $139. You would need to be able to weld or have a good friend that can weld and likes free beer.. I've only blown the outside bead off on mine. Usually the inside bead is easy to seat n the outside is a PIA.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Before all you guys go saying using the search function I did and it only came up with 3 posts and none of them answered my questions. First a little back ground. I was riding the other weekend in the mud at night and I don't know how I did it but I got stuck (well I know how I did that) but I piped the outer bead on both front tires. Once I recovered the pioneer I was not able to get the bead off the other side to wash out the rim and tire. I tried driving on the tire very close to the rim with my tractor and all it would do is flatten the tread of the tire. So I took the tires down to a shop had them pop the beads took them home cleaned out the tires and the rims and took them back to have them put back on. So I said to myself I know how to cure this problem if it ever happens again. Get beadlock rims. But my question is them only lock one side so will I still have the problem getting the inside off the rim? Should I get duel beadlock? Besides running lower pressure is there any other benefit? For people who have them are they worth the hassle? Thanks

A true bead lock is on the inside and the outside. If it's just the out side it's very hard to change out. You shouldn't have much of a problem with tires popping off any beadlock if the bolts are torqued down all the same with a torque wrench.

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
With beadlocks comes more maintenance. You'll need to routinely check torque of the bolts to prevent leaks. You'll also deal with sheared bolts occasionally. In all the years I ran Jeeps never popped an inner bead off, not saying it won't happen, but never to me or anyone in my group. Beadlocks always seem to leak just a tad. I got tired of dealing with it and slimed em. No leaks anymore. I run 14x7 HD with 28x10x14 Roctane XD

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have never had an issue with my beadlocks on my 700 or my 1000. I would not own anything else as these machines are to heavy and can easily pop a bead off. I run single beadlocks. I have never had an issue with popping an inner bead even on a normal rim. If you have to change the tire on a beadlock, it's very easy. There is not any hassle with them. I run between 5-8 PSI pending terrain. I would not worry with a dual as it's not needed. You can watch all the pro hill climbers and they run a single.

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
Thanks for all the info guys. So with the single bead lock is it still a PITA to get the inner bead off or will it pop off pretty easy? Also I'm looking at running the same size tire all around so is that a 14x7 rim. I don't know crap about rims. I know I want to run a 14x10 tire either 27 or 28 inch tall

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!