P500 Beadlocks

idcwby

idcwby

Oct 16, 2015
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Are beadlock wheels worth the money on these 500s? From what I’ve read most everyone likes them on the heavier machines and when rock crawling. I just don’t see where we can push the 500 hard enough to need them.

Thanks,
idcwby

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Are beadlock wheels worth the money on these 500s? From what I’ve read most everyone likes them on the heavier machines and when rock crawling. I just don’t see where we can push the 500 hard enough to need them.

Thanks,
idcwby
I don't feel they are needed,plus,the extra wheel weight is not good for a 500cc motor trying to turn them.I do like the looks though.

Reactions: Gassygordo
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I need them, I tend to air my tires down so low they can get blown off the bed when I drop off a ledge. It has happened twice to me so far.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I'd say if you are getting new rims, you might as well go beadlocks. I don't think they are much more expensive. Also if you tend to run low air pressure, they are a good idea. Previous owner put them on mine, but I would have put them on if not.

J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
Bead locks are better imo. I run them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
The factory wheel and most aftermarket atv wheels use a bead made onto the rim behind the tire bead to hold the tire in place allowing very low pressure without popping the Bead off. If you switch to some type of wheels that does not have the extra lip behind the tire bead then bead locks would be needed. I feel that for the majority of machines running a normal atv/sxs tire and wheel they are not needed. Have you ever tried to break the bead on a atv/sxs tire? It’s not easy.

idcwby

idcwby

Oct 16, 2015
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Don’t have any plans to buy new rims, but wanted to make sure before I got my new tires mounted. I was running 5lbs on stock rims and tires last winter and never had a problem. I didn’t think there would be a need , but just double checking.

Thanks
idcwby

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don't feel they are needed,plus,the extra wheel weight is not good for a 500cc motor trying to turn them.I do like the looks though.
What's the vintage bike in your avatar? Yamaha?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!