Bed Extender

winnscollision

winnscollision

Aug 24, 2013
Saluda SC
Wondering if anyone has the bed extender yet? I ordered mine but it wont be in till november :( My concern is the tail gate not being completely horizontal to the rest of the portion of the bed that will be in use when putting your cooler, tool boxes, etc, in the back when riding 4 passengers. Looks like the cables could stand to be a little longer!

IMG 1984 zps8be656f2

J

JoeyG

Sep 23, 2013
I agree about the cables. Weakest point on the whole machine in my opinion. I'm currently working on a way to strengthen up the plastic tailgate itself, then some other means of stronger support.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
I'm concerned about the longevity of the tailgate too. Any knowledge on weight limits? Can it be easily removed? Gotta be hard dumping dirt over it....no?

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
I never noticed that, however I have been on the road for work. Maybe Honda engineers designed it like that to help deflect whatever is being dumped away from the sxs? Don't know

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
I used mine to haul several loads of old shingles, and the tailgate wasn't an issue at all. I lined the bed with a tarp and piled the shingles on with the tailgate open. No troubles what so ever. All slid right out.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Idahohntr- I think you made a good point there I never thought it may be to direct dirt away from the rear end this would make sense!

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Swamper- just an uneducated guess!

S

sksshooter

Oct 24, 2013
would like to bump this up has anyone acquired on yet? I am in need of one but am interested in seeing how they attach as I may fab my own up. I want a rear bumper also and am planning to build one tom. I will post pics when done.

G

gargue

Nov 12, 2013
OK, Does any one have instruction on the Bed extender??

Gary

advertisement
sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
I wonder if the bottom rail on the bed extender isn't angled up a bit to account for the slight angle created by the bed and the tailgate?

G

gargue

Nov 12, 2013
i ordered one but they won't release to ship it,

gary

Hondasxs said:
gargue said:
OK, Does any one have instruction on the Bed extender??

Gary
Nope,
All we have is a picture and a price.
[album]481[/album]

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!