P500 Bent Warn Provantage plow

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
So I pulled the plow out to get ready for some possible snow and notice the blade was sitting kinda cockeyed. After looking into it I noticed the mounting plate that holds the push bars to the machine was bent and damaged. A nut which was welded to the plate was also sheared off.
So bottom line is it looks like I have some maintenance to do. The plate is thick, any suggestions on how to bend it back to shape?

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
Images

Image Image Image

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
So couldn't do anything to straighten the mounting plate. Bought a new one from my local Honda shop. Had it in stock and charged me $212 and change. Pissed I couldn't fix it myself but happy I walked outta the shop with one in hand same day.

feetpiece

feetpiece

May 10, 2015
Is that the OEM Honda mounting bracket? I ordered the Warn mount from Montana Jack's and it looks much different.

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
So couldn't do anything to straighten the mounting plate. Bought a new one from my local Honda shop. Had it in stock and charged me $212 and change. Pissed I couldn't fix it myself but happy I walked outta the shop with one in hand same day.
So I installed tge new mount and yesterday I gave the old mount another go on fixing. I was able to bend it back to uniform. Now I am really pissed I wasted $212 on the new one.