• Thread starter ValleyAdventureTours
  • Start date
V

ValleyAdventureTours

Sep 25, 2018
Can
Ownership

1. 500
Hey guys, I need a little help at figuring out what plow configuration will work with tracks. I am getting a set of Camso UTV 4S1 Tracks and want a plow setup that will work. Camso says their tracks have a 7.25" off-set. I think the pioneer 500 has a 1.5" offset stock....please correct me if i am wrong. I am guesstimating that would make the p5 close to 61.5" wide with tracks.
I am looking at the KFI 66" Plow and want to make sure that when the 66" Plow is angled 25 degrees that it will still have an effective plow width wider than the tracks. I am not sure how to calculate the angle to width and I am also unsure if i am figuring the width of the pioneer 500 with tracks correctly?
I am also thinking of putting the side shields on both sides of the plow so i can push and stack snow with the blade straight. The side shields add 4.5" to the width of the plow making the 66 inch plow 70.5 inches wide. would the side shields on a 66" plow clear the track width when angled being that it would be 70.5" wide?
I am also looking at possibly going to a 72" blade but don't want to go too big for the p5 to a handle. I think there is only about 6 lbs difference between the 66 and 72, Would the p 5 be able to handle a 72" plow without putting too much stress on the machine when plowing? I don't think the weight will make any difference?
Does anyone have experience with the KFI plows. I have had a warn in the past that was good but i like the look of the KFI and find Warn to be expensive. Any help you can offer would be great. I don't want to put all this money into a setup that wont work well....thanks!

Reactions: Mudder
tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I am not sure how to calculate the angle to width and I am also unsure if i am figuring the width of the pioneer 500 with tracks correctly?
If I remember my high school trigonometry correctly the width would be calculated by { cosine X length of hypotenuse }
Cosine of 25 is approximately .906308..... so...
a 66 inch blade at 25 degrees would plow just under 60 inches. A 6 ft plough would scrape 65.25 inches.

V

ValleyAdventureTours

Sep 25, 2018
Can
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome @ValleyAdventureTours . Would sure like to see pics of your P500 with tracks and plow when completed. Any seconds to that motion?
You might have already see this thread, but just in case not. Hope it helps. 2018 Honda Pioneer Snow Plow Buyers guide! Honda Pioneer 500, 700, and 1000!
Thanks for the link.. I did see that thread..that's what made me decide to go with the kfi. It was very helpful. I will post some pics once I get the cab, tracks and plow on it. It will be like a mini snow cat I hope. It will be at about 6 weeks before i get it all set up for winter. Still trying to decide on a 66" or 72" plow. If anyone has any thoughts on that let me know what you think. ...cheers

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just thinking a mount higher the better for angle of lift, or for the cable to clear above the plow if you needed to disconnect from plow temporarily to winch something. Like the Strong Made bumper, sturdy and looks good.

tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
. Still trying to decide on a 66" or 72" plow. If anyone has any thoughts on that let me know what you think. ...cheers
A 66" plough may not be wider than the tracks. Except for the first pass through the snow you do not have to use the full width of the blade. The 72" is only a few dollars more. If you find it is too wide could it be cut down a bit?
With your proposed setup I would probably go for the 72" (I just bought a 66" for my stock P500)

Last edited:
V

ValleyAdventureTours

Sep 25, 2018
Can
Ownership

1. 500
I ordered the 72 inch kfi. Along with the super atv flip up windshield, Honda doors and rear panel. Looking forward to putting i it all together in about a month. It's not ready to snow here yet but the riding could t be any better. Such a great time of year 20181010 074331

V

ValleyAdventureTours

Sep 25, 2018
Can
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome @ValleyAdventureTours . Would sure like to see pics of your P500 with tracks and plow when completed. Any seconds to that motion?
You might have already see this thread, but just in case not. Hope it helps. 2018 Honda Pioneer Snow Plow Buyers guide! Honda Pioneer 500, 700, and 1000!
Here are some pics of the final setup. Went with camso tracks, 72" kfi plow, superatv flip up windshield, honda doors and rear panel. The whole set up is mint! I was worried the 72" plow would be too big and heavy, but it is perfect. 66" wouldn't clear the tracks when angled and the front end barely moves when I lift the 72" plow. And with the way the KFI mounts I can raise it super high, like almost over the headlights. No snow here yet but I expect when it does come this p5 will be unstoppable. Should be able to pile the snow up and keep pushing more on top. I'm happy with the whole set up.

20181104 130312 20181104 130521 20181104 130846 20181104 131341

C

Chooglin

Here are some pics of the final setup. Went with camso tracks, 72" kfi plow, superatv flip up windshield, honda doors and rear panel. The whole set up is mint! I was worried the 72" plow would be too big and heavy, but it is perfect. 66" wouldn't clear the tracks when angled and the front end barely moves when I lift the 72" plow. And with the way the KFI mounts I can raise it super high, like almost over the headlights. No snow here yet but I expect when it does come this p5 will be unstoppable. Should be able to pile the snow up and keep pushing more on top. I'm happy with the whole set up.

View attachment 92810 View attachment 92811 View attachment 92812 View attachment 92813
When the snow comes and you do some pushing , it would be nice to see some videos of this setup at work.......looks great

DKEngel

DKEngel

Aug 22, 2018
Saskatoon Sask Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Nice looking unit good job.
I am looking at tracks for my P500. Where did you get yours and what was the install like? What is the total length from front track to back?

Thanks

RoadGator916

RoadGator916

Jan 23, 2019
MinneSNOWta
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I'm curious on what your dimensions of the machine are with the TS4 tracks? Width, Length and Height? If ya get a chance can ya post them please? I am going to buy tracks but I think I'm going to buy the ATV tracks rather then the larger side by side tracks. They are slightly smaller and I think the machine will fit in my trailer better. Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!