WINTER IS COMING!!!
and soon the winds will turn and leave behind a thick blanket of snow. Finding the best UTV snow plow is a challenging process that takes time to weight out all the options. The aftermarket scene offers many different types from the top of the line with a built-in hydraulic tilt to the basic blade for that once a year use.
There are several things to consider when choosing a blade.
The blade must be wide enough to extend the wheel track of your Pioneer. Choosing one too shot will make it awkward and cause you to plow unlevel.
We recommend no less than the following plow sizes for your Honda Pioneer!
- Pioneer 500 - choose a plow 54" or better.
- Pioneer 500 has a 50" footprint.
- Pioneer 700 - choose a plow 66" or better.
- Pioneer 700 has a 60" footprint.
- Pioneer 1000 - choose a plow 66" or better.
- Pioneer 1000 has a 63" footprint.
You must consider the overall weight of the plow package you are considering. It shouldn't be too heavy for your unit to handle or you will end up damaging your Pioneer. Other factors come into play such as suspension, tires, and lift kits. It is wise to review this before making the purchase.
Do you plan to plow every sidewalk in town or have a long driveway with continued snow? Then it is highly recommended you invest in a top plow with hydraulic tilt. But, if you are the small ranch owner that only gets 3-5 inches a year it would be wise just to pick up a basic plow that will get the job done all the same.
YOUR WINCH and strap.
This is often overlooked when buying a snow plow. Your winch must be working and dependable. A cheap winch will leave you frustrated after constant use. It is high probability your strap will break at least once a season. To help prevent this consider upgrading to a lift strap and smooth fairlead to better handle the load. Adding a pulley system will also extend the life of your cable or rope lift.
And finally, Your Budget.
While we all want the best sometimes it is just not worth it when a basic snow plow will push the snow just as well as the top brand. Consider if you can turn a profit somehow by plowing your neighbor's driveway or striking a deal with the local retailer to plow there parking lot. It will be fun and you can recoup some of the cost.
Here are several SNOW PLOW SOLUTIONS for your Honda Pioneer Side by Side!
--> BOSS Snowplow | UTV ATV Equipment
Boss offers one of the best snow plow line-ups on the market. They offer a wide range of show remove equipment and 5 different plow options for your Honda Pioneer.
- Pioneer 500 recommend the ATV Snowplows line
- Pioneer 700 recommend the Mid-Size Snowplow line
- Pioneer 1000 recommend the Full-Size Snowplow line
For pricing contact BOSS here --> BOSS Snowplow | Quote-Request
WARN ProVantage Plow Systems
... is offered in 54", 60" and 72"widths.
- Pioneer 500 recommend the Warn Plow Mount 93730, with the ProVantage Push Tube 92100, and the WARN 78954 ProVantage 54" Straight Plow Blade
- Pioneer 700 recommend the Warn Plow Mount 93954, with this ProVantage Push Tube 79850, and the Warn ProVantage 66" Plow 90695
- Pioneer 1000 recommend the Warn Plow Mount 93820, with this ProVantage Push Tube 79850, and the Warn ProVantage 72" Plow 79958
KFI Snow Plows.
KFI makes a range of snow plows for most any unit. You can view their full selection here --. Snow Plows - KFI ATV Winch, Mounts, and Accessories
- Pioneer 500 recommend the KFI 105615 mount, with KFI Push Tube 105635, and a KFI 60" straight blade 105060
- Pioneer 700 recommend the KFI 66" Pro-Poly Snow Plow & Mount Kit
- Pioneer 1000 recommend the KFI 72" Pro-Poly Snow Plow & Mount Kit
SUPER ATV Snow Plow kits
- Pioneer 500 recommend the 60" SuperATV Pro Heavy Duty Snow Plow
- Pioneer 700 recommend the 72" SuperATV Pro Heavy Duty Snow Plow
- Pioneer 1000 recommend the 72" SuperATV Pro Heavy Duty Snow Plow
DENALI UTV Snow Plow Kits
- Pioneer 500 recommend the 60-inch DENALI UTV Snow Plow Kit
- Pioneer 700 recommend the 66-inch DENALI UTV Snow Plow Kit
- Pioneer 1000 recommend the 72-inch DENALI UTV Snow Plow Kit
TUSK SubZero Snow Plows
- Pioneer 500 recommend the Tusk SubZero Snow Plow Kit, Winch Equipped UTV, 60
- Pioneer 700 recommend the Tusk SubZero Snow Plow Kit, Winch Equipped UTV, 72
* there is a 66 inch but fitting does not suggest it fits the 700??
- Pioneer 1000 recommend the Tusk SubZero Snow Plow Kit, Winch Equipped UTV, 72
Do your research and choose what fits your needs the best. Most of all, get it ordered and installed before winter hits so you can have a blast plowing the entire neighborhood.
Leave a comment and tell us which brand you decided to go with. If you selected another brand, drop a link with a few details. We would love to add it in!