2023 Honda Pioneer 1000 Forest/2021 Honda Pioneer 700 comparison notes

H

HondaTech

That sounds much more reasonable and in the ballpark for what I was expecting. I didn't ask ahead of time and that was my bad. They kind of have the market cornered in that there are only two dealerships in Northern Nevada. Where are you located and what should I be expecting for the second service?

Cincinnati, Ohio
I belive a service without valves is 1.5hrs for us, no final drives either.

widopenspaces

widopenspaces

Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2023
Wellington, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The shifting will smooth out with time. The vibration is probably the stock tires. Consider turf mode as a regular open diff on a car. I run mine in turf mode all the time on pavement and graded dirt roads. I look at the mode shifter as 1 wheel drive, 2 wheel drive, 3 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive. I only shift to 4wd lock when I‘m expecting serious difficulty getting through an area.
This has been really helpful in getting to know my machine. I've used it as described above and yesterday, for the first time, I really tested the buggy in steep, rocky terrain. It performed even better than I anticipated. I used 4X4 low, manual transmission and crawled up and down some very steep, rocky stuff. I used 2WD H/L as needed and Turf getting to and from the mountain on ranch roads. Still a pretty loud shifter, but runs perfectly other than that.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That sounds much more reasonable and in the ballpark for what I was expecting. I didn't ask ahead of time and that was my bad. They kind of have the market cornered in that there are only two dealerships in Northern Nevada. Where are you located and what should I be expecting for the second service?
My recommendation would be to do it at home. All you’ll need is 2 gallons of the recommended Honda oil, and oil filter and a DCT filter. If you’re a little unlucky, get an oil filter o-ring and a DCT filter o-ring. To avoid a giant mess, be sure to tale off the rear portion of the flimsy skid plate that they come equipped with. That way you skid plate doesn’t get coated with oil. I’ve been doing my own service for over 6,000 miles and have yet to change any of the o-rings or crush washers.

widopenspaces

widopenspaces

Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2023
Wellington, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My recommendation would be to do it at home. All you’ll need is 2 gallons of the recommended Honda oil, and oil filter and a DCT filter. If you’re a little unlucky, get an oil filter o-ring and a DCT filter o-ring. To avoid a giant mess, be sure to tale off the rear portion of the flimsy skid plate that they come equipped with. That way you skid plate doesn’t get coated with oil. I’ve been doing my own service for over 6,000 miles and have yet to change any of the o-rings or crush washers.
Does the warranty require shop service the first couple times or can I get away with doing it myself? I serviced my P700 at home, but want to make sure I don't void anything by doing the second one on my P1000 myself.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the warranty require shop service the first couple times or can I get away with doing it myself? I serviced my P700 at home, but want to make sure I don't void anything by doing the second one on my P1000 myself.
There is legal precedent that allows you to do your own service and it can’t void a warranty. Keep your receipts for the supplies and note the mileage/hours you do the service. That’s really all it takes.

widopenspaces

widopenspaces

Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2023
Wellington, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There is legal precedent that allows you to do your own service and it can’t void a warranty. Keep your receipts for the supplies and note the mileage/hours you do the service. That’s really all it takes.
Will do!

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
S

Swamper2fly

Oct 27, 2023
michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Check your owners manual.It has maintaince schedules. Learn and enjoy your extra cash

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Nope, you are not required to allow them to perform the services to preserve your warranty. I think that's covered somewhere between the Magnuson-Moss Act and Right to Repair. Just make sure you maintain records and receipts to prove you performed the maintenance.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!