futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I can’t and won’t speak for him but I don’t think you are too far from @HondaTech ’s dealership. It might be worth seeing if you can give buy him a good meal for his time and drag it up to his area to look at it for you in a restaurant parking lot or something. Just a random thought.

That'd be just fine by me!

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
long thread - lots of stuff......

recommendation if not already covered;

-seperate steering from steering rack, test to see where the notchiness is, either in steering column or the rack itself

-you check wheel bearing, etc. ?

hard to imagine the frame is that twisted to toe the wheel out

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Become a Fleet Owner!

A man has to learn his limitations
Sometimes. Easier to Just Buy Another One & StartOver.

Last edited:
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Shame on me for not closing this out and giving @906UP proper recognition!

My local friend could not get to it; ongoing family issues.

906 took pity on me and very generously offered to fix it; apparently in the UP things get a bit slow this time of year (lucky for me)!

Took it as far as southern MI, his buddy was traveling up later that week and took it the rest of the way (again, my good fortune!). These guys are absolutely tops!!

An A-arm mount was bent/twisted.
906 straightened it, rewelded the mount and welded in reinforcing gussets for the front mounts. Good to go!!

It gets even better! The man then personally delivered the thing BACK to southern MI, making it easy for me to retrieve.

I'm certainly indebted to him (and his friend) for his time and labor. That folks like that are still around is incredibly encouraging. "Pay It Forward", was basically his response and I've been trying.

Can't wait to buy his beverages for MOM!!

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Shame on me for not closing this out and giving @906UP proper recognition!

My local friend could not get to it; ongoing family issues.

906 took pity on me and very generously offered to fix it; apparently in the UP things get a bit slow this time of year (lucky for me)!

Took it as far as southern MI, his buddy was traveling up later that week and took it the rest of the way (again, my good fortune!). These guys are absolutely tops!!

An A-arm mount was bent/twisted.
906 straightened it, rewelded the mount and welded in reinforcing gussets for the front mounts. Good to go!!

It gets even better! The man then personally delivered the thing BACK to southern MI, making it easy for me to retrieve.

I'm certainly indebted to him (and his friend) for his time and labor. That folks like that are still around is incredibly encouraging. "Pay It Forward", was basically his response and I've been trying.

Can't wait to buy his beverages for MOM!!
20231203 112446
I welded the backsides of the upper mounts and added a gusset to the upper rear so it can't twist again.

20231203 122200
I also added a plate between the front & rear just to tie it all together

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!