BOX1

Talon Best GPS for off Road?

devildog1000R

devildog1000R

Jun 25, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yes. I don't how the technology works, I just know it works very well here in WV and other riding places in the East. Lifetime Trailmaps has great customer support, so check out their website or send them an email if you would like to know more about it. Here is a picture of my setup in my RZR before I sold it.View attachment 120602

I cant find the lifetime trailmaps?

Reactions: BWAF
devildog1000R

devildog1000R

Jun 25, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
There isn't a lot of preloaded maps for MN on any of the apps i've found.

M

Morris1219

Aug 27, 2019
Dallas TX
Ownership

1. Talon R
I know these have trails on them but what about just something that tracks where you go etc? We have a pretty big amount of land that is just open and we get lost out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
Morris, check out the 276CX by Garmin it's not cheap, but a excellent unit.
The Garmin is not a touch screen like the the Magellan. So keeping the screen clean in a dusty environment
will not have any effect on the screen display.

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
Morris, check out the 276CX by Garmin it's not cheap, but a excellent unit.
The Garmin is not a touch screen like the the Magellan. So keeping the screen clean in a dusty environment
will not have any effect on the screen display.
the trx7 does track so you can follow your tracks back, can footnote a hazzard, etc. it also has car roads too

Reactions: Morris1219
hoghead76

hoghead76

Feb 7, 2018
oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It uses the Android opening system and I couldn’t get used to it s I’m an Apple guy. I’m going to stick with my Garmin.

It’s an absolutely great ideas and the maps are great and getting better as more riders feed the info back to Magellan.
Ok thank wife got me one and was just wondering it there was some thing
I needed to know

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
For several years I've used a Garmin Dakota that I bought on big sale at Bass Pro. Wanted that for weather proof use. Had a ram mount for it too. Worked great. I mainly use it for viewing location on maps and tracking rides. With lithium ion batteries this thing will run for days!

For maps I've used MapTiler Desktop free (also an ios version but haven't used that) to locate printable paper maps on Google Earth coordinates. Not a very intuitive software but works well. Locate the scanned paper map on google earth, export as kmz file, copy to SD card in Garmin under Custom Maps folder. Then you are able to see your GPS location on the paper map! This is not a navigating map but still, you can find your location.

For phone users, Maplets works well and Avenza for free MVU maps of all national forests.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!