P500 Bigger tires smoothed everything out???

W

willyqbc

Sep 11, 2017
british columbia
Ownership

1. 500
So i have been playing with my clutch adjustment trying to smooth out the shifting....just couldn't quite get it as smooth as I would like. Also had the usual gear backlash noise when letting off the gas. Was considering the heavier oil as has been suggested on here. This was with the stock tires.
So My new 26" ripsaws showed up and I got them on today....magic happened....shifts smoothed right out and the backlash noise seems to have dissappeared. Anyone else notice this when switching up to bigger tires??

Small sample size as I was testing it out around the property, but am pretty hopeful this has "fixed" a couple things that were annoying me!

Chris

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
So i have been playing with my clutch adjustment trying to smooth out the shifting....just couldn't quite get it as smooth as I would like. Also had the usual gear backlash noise when letting off the gas. Was considering the heavier oil as has been suggested on here. This was with the stock tires.
So My new 26" ripsaws showed up and I got them on today....magic happened....shifts smoothed right out and the backlash noise seems to have dissappeared. Anyone else notice this when switching up to bigger tires??

Small sample size as I was testing it out around the property, but am pretty hopeful this has "fixed" a couple things that were annoying me!

Chris
I don't have any experience with one, but Honda seems to have designed this machine around much larger meats, and then tossed on the 24" for safety knowing it was easy to fix. Wouldn't be surprised if it was programed to work with he 26's.

Reactions: joeymt33
D

Deleted member 3748

Chris
How many miles do you have on it now? Have you done the first oil change? My first oil change was like getting a new transmission.

Reactions: trigger and rocmar
W

willyqbc

Sep 11, 2017
british columbia
Ownership

1. 500
just under 400 km....250 miles. gonna do my first service this week. I'm a bit over for my break in service but it couldn't be helped as I put almost all the miles on at once on a moose hunt. Gonna switch to the honda synthetics.

chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Seems like putting miles on helps to quieten down everything .Especially the rear end!
Synthetics help for sure.

Reactions: rocmar
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
just under 400 km....250 miles. gonna do my first service this week. I'm a bit over for my break in service but it couldn't be helped as I put almost all the miles on at once on a moose hunt. Gonna switch to the honda synthetics.

I was told to wait until second service to go full synthetic.

W

willyqbc

Sep 11, 2017
british columbia
Ownership

1. 500
The honda dealer where i picked up my fluids reccomended synthetic at the first oil change. Go figure! Probably cant go too far wrong either way. Pleasantly surprised with the price of the honda synthetic oil...gave me a case for $7 canadian a litre.....bout $5 U.S. each.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!