P700 Boss plow question's

Hawk

Hawk

Aug 8, 2015
Central PA.
New member, just joined. Does anyone know, will the Boss 72" poly straight blade work on a 700 ? They weigh 314 lbs. Is that to heavy , How do they mount ?

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the club @Hawk !!! I don't plow with mine but I wouldn't think 314lbs would be to heavy, but I don't know. I know that there is a few guys on here that plow, maybe they can help you out with your question.

Hawk

Hawk

Aug 8, 2015
Central PA.
Thanks for the reply bobbyhill.
Update
- Called local service dept. They said weight should be okay, if it drops more than 2'' use spring wedge's.
Contacted Boss dealer. He said machine specific mount comes with plow. Waiting for price because it's new addition to line .
If anyone wonders why this plow. It's electric hydraulic. No winch, no getting in and out to change blade angle. I had a skid steer with a hydraulic plow, I've had Rancher 400 with cycle country plow. At 58 years old, I'll go with hydraulic.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank you for the update Hawk. It sounds like the right way to go!

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah I didn't know they even made an electric hydraulic plow. That is awesome!

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
my only concern is the poly blade, is it goiong to weight enough to make the plow to scrap? I definatley like the weight of a metal blade when plow deep snow. Having the ability to turn the plow from inside would be great, but not in my budget right now. I'm waiting to receive my eagle plow, for now I'll use the manual angle set up but it has the option to add an elecric/hyd. angle later ($700).

C

ckhenshaw4

Mar 1, 2014
Our Boss plow dealer told me $3,500.00 for the straight blade model.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Hawk Welcome! Let us know how it turns out if you end up installing this plow.

Hawk

Hawk

Aug 8, 2015
Central PA.
Hey guy's . Thanks for the responses !
I talked to 4 dealers in 45 mile radius. Prices where . $2,400.00--$2,750.00--$3,500.00--$4,100.00 .
That was for plow ,mount, and shoes. They all wanted $350. to $400. more for installation.
I ordered one.[guise which one].
I'll let you know how it turns out. It probably won't snow this year.

Reactions: bobbyhill
C

ckhenshaw4

Mar 1, 2014
Hawk, did you ever get your plow, and how do you like it. I am about to pull the trigger on one, and would like to know what you think ? Did you get the straight blade or the V ?

advertisement
C

Cook

Feb 12, 2016
Colorado
Have you been able to use this yet, and do you have some impressions to share? I'm trying to decide on whether to buy the stock Warn unit that Honda sells or to go with this setup. Thanks.

Hawk

Hawk

Aug 8, 2015
Central PA.
Two times so far , a 4 " and a 20 " snow .
On the 20 " , I plowed for over 3 hours , and never got out of the machine to change angle . Which would have been too many times to count .
The front end of the machine dropped 2 1/4 " ,when plow was raised . I installed Moose wedges , and now it's 1 3/4 " .
It takes a little getting used to . It operates pretty fast .
The only thing I had trouble with was the buttons on the control , they are hard to use with a heavy glove . I got a pair of lite cotton gloves .
Problem solved .
In my opinion , if you have a large area as I do .
If it is in your budget , Its the way to go .

I have been plowing for quite a few years , with a ATV with a cycle country , and then a skid steer with a Boss plow .
I do have something to compare it to , and I give it a thumbs up .

I didn't get the Smart hitch 2 mount .
I don't think its worth the extra $ .
It's not hard to mount .

the

Last edited:
Hawk

Hawk

Aug 8, 2015
Central PA.
I forgot to mention .
The Boss has a float feature.
If you hold the down button for a few seconds , after the plow rests on the ground , it goes in to the float mode .
If the terrain drops off in front of you , the plow will go with it .
Unlike a winch . which you have to put out more cable than needed .Which I found sometimes causes problems , due to no tension when winding it back in .

K

KD_Pioneer1k5

Feb 15, 2016
Wv
Yeah see (Boss Hydraulic Plow Installed)
No Snow !!!!!

I don't know if it's just me but I can't see the pic???? Also how easy is it to remove the plow after your done plowing. Usually once I put my plow on I don't take off until after winter but I was just wondering how easy to put on and take off.
If you could send me the number for the boss plow guy that would be great, and I prefer the cheaper one if that's who you went with. :)

Hawk

Hawk

Aug 8, 2015
Central PA.
I don't know if it's just me but I can't see the pic???? Also how easy is it to remove the plow after your done plowing. Usually once I put my plow on I don't take off until after winter but I was just wondering how easy to put on and take off.
If you could send me the number for the boss plow guy that would be great, and I prefer the cheaper one if that's who you went with. :)
Do a thread search ( Boss Hydraulic Plow Installed ) , the picks are there .
Very easy to put on and to take off.
Go to the Boss website ,the manual can be found there . In it you will find instructions .
Enter zip code 16601 , and it will show all dealers in central , western Pa . Scroll down and it will have dealer info listed .
My best price was at the Maxwell outside of State College . ( I have bought off of the one salesman before , and got a better price than they may quote you .
But I bought the next price up of off Fleming , which was 30 miles closer ,
It was easier for transport , and if I have a problem , service will be closer .
I hope this helps .

Hawk

Hawk

Aug 8, 2015
Central PA.
Do a thread search ( Boss Hydraulic Plow Installed ) , the picks are there .
Very easy to put on and to take off.
Go to the Boss website ,the manual can be found there . In it you will find instructions .
Enter zip code 16601 , and it will show all dealers in central , western Pa . Scroll down and it will have dealer info listed .
My best price was at the Maxwell outside of State College . ( I have bought off of the one salesman before , and got a better price than they may quote you .
But I bought the next price up of off Fleming , which was 30 miles closer ,
It was easier for transport , and if I have a problem , service will be closer .
I hope this helps .

C

ckhenshaw4

Mar 1, 2014
Thanks to Hawk's suggestions, I did order the BOSS V plow for my Pioneer 700-4. I got it for $3,750.00 installed, and I also got the "Smart Hitch 2" for it. Call me lazy, but I just have to push a button, and it hooks up with the hydraulics. I am hoping that it is here by Friday. My luck, it probably won't snow anymore this winter. Will let you all know how I like it once installed.

Hawk

Hawk

Aug 8, 2015
Central PA.
Thanks to Hawk's suggestions, I did order the BOSS V plow for my Pioneer 700-4. I got it for $3,750.00 installed, and I also got the "Smart Hitch 2" for it. Call me lazy, but I just have to push a button, and it hooks up with the hydraulics. I am hoping that it is here by Friday. My luck, it probably won't snow anymore this winter. Will let you all know how I like it once installed.
With the V weighing 86 # more , than the straight blade , I think I would have got the Smart Hitch 2 , also
I hope it works out OK

We got 3/4" ice last night ,with slush on top .
You could scrape the top with a shovel , but had to chip the ice .
I plowed it and the plow got right under it , and pushed it up clean , in sheets .
So as Allgm1 was wondering . The poly blade with the steel straight edge does have enough weight , to get under , and not glide over it .

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!