P1000 Bought My First SXS and It's a Honda !

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thank you for all the warm welcome! I have been spending hours reading and watching youtube to educate myself better with the P1. So far it is time well spent ! My first mod was to put on some side and rear view mirrors. Next is vent kit, windshield, roof then winch and snow plow (I know way too early to be thinking about snow, haha). Still debating on getting a back windshield. A question for you guys I noticed the 2020 model has a factory skid plate covering the belly is this sufficient or do I need to go aftermarket for better protection? I know I still need a-arm protection front and rear. I don't intend to go rock crawling just trail riding and working on the property. Any recommendation appreciated on what is appropriate for my use.
If the Pioneer is anything like the Talon, the stock skid is more of a dust cover than protection. I really didn't want to spend the money :oops: but it's good insurance for whatever might do damage in the future.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from WNC, a full skid is not a bad idea, you never know what situation you will be in even on your property it’s a big investment but cheaper than a motor, trans , shift box what ever else is down there.

17LE

17LE

Dec 10, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Iowa !
I would definitely go with a full skid and A-arm protection.
I use mine on the farm almost daily and get in the sticks once in a while.

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Welcome to SXS from Rocky Top. Your membership will pay for itself in great info.

Reactions: rtn001
V

vanditto

Mar 10, 2019
N. Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Isn’t it crazy how local dealers won’t budge on prices?! I did the same thing and drobe about 5 hours to save 3k on a 1000/5 deluxe. Blows my mind that dealers will lose a sale altogether as opposed to negotiating a better price. Glad to hear I’m not the only one willing to drive to save some $$.

Reactions: TxDoc and rtn001
M

Mjack138

May 26, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Welcome from Ohio! Invest in some sort of snorkel ASAP! There’s plenty of info on why and how here on the forum.

Reactions: rtn001
R

Reloder28

Oct 21, 2018
Deer Park, Tx
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hello everyone!

As the title states I just bought a new 2020 Honda 1P3 Base Model. Picked it up yesterday. I am coming from a 2001 Honda Rancher 350ES that has been bulletproof for working on the property. We now have more property to take care of so it was time to upgrade to a SXS with more capabilities.

I too upgraded from a bulletproof Rancher, 2000 model. Like previous Honda's all it ever needed was proper maintenance & fuel. I don't expect any machine to never break down. But, you can count on a Honda to perform admirably. I purchased the 700-2 in 2018 & am very satisfied as I knew I would be.

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Central Florida. I'm not a p1000 owner but love my little p500. Roof, hard windshield, soft back window, winch, stick guards, would be my first mods. A full skid pan would be great even though you don't do trails. Soft doors before cold weather. As someone said we can find all kinds of ways to spend you're money. Have fun.

R

Reverseen

Jan 4, 2020
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone!

As the title states I just bought a new 2020 Honda 1P3 Base Model. Picked it up yesterday. I am coming from a 2001 Honda Rancher 350ES that has been bulletproof for working on the property. We now have more property to take care of so it was time to upgrade to a SXS with more capabilities. I don't plan on running on the trails (maybe in the future will give that a try) mostly work oriented but do like that this things is dual purpose and not just a utility vehicle.

Wanted to say to hi everyone and hope to learn lots from you guys in the world of UTVs. I am a die hard snowmobiler and can relate to the dirt track / rock climb sport being outdoors and seeing nature and all while shredding pow, dirt, mud or rocks :).

Took the 1P3 for the maiden ride on the back forty and I definitely can see why folks windshields and roofs on these things. Went through some tall grass and wooded section and all that nature came in through the missing windshield, haha. My wife was covered in pollen, grass seeds, leaves and branches haha, good times.

Hours of reading through threads are in my future so better get cracking.

Added Pics to verify it happened. Took pics in front of the dealer I bought it from "Vern Eide Motorplex, SD" . Was a 5 hour drive one way but saved $2K from buying it from local dealer. Could have saved $3k if I wanted to drive down to TN (Abernathy in Union City, TN). I am from Minneapolis, MN area so it would have been a hell of a drive to do it in one day.

View attachment 208791 View attachment 208792

R

Reverseen

Jan 4, 2020
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I too upgraded from a bulletproof Rancher, 2000 model. Like previous Honda's all it ever needed was proper maintenance & fuel. I don't expect any machine to never break down. But, you can count on a Honda to perform admirably. I purchased the 700-2 in 2018 & am very satisfied as I knew I would be.
Welcome from north California
Honda 👍👍👍👍

PatioDaddyo58

PatioDaddyo58

Supporting Member
Nov 6, 2019
Abilene, TX
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hello everyone!

As the title states I just bought a new 2020 Honda 1P3 Base Model. Picked it up yesterday. I am coming from a 2001 Honda Rancher 350ES that has been bulletproof for working on the property. We now have more property to take care of so it was time to upgrade to a SXS with more capabilities. I don't plan on running on the trails (maybe in the future will give that a try) mostly work oriented but do like that this things is dual purpose and not just a utility vehicle.

Wanted to say to hi everyone and hope to learn lots from you guys in the world of UTVs. I am a die hard snowmobiler and can relate to the dirt track / rock climb sport being outdoors and seeing nature and all while shredding pow, dirt, mud or rocks :).

Took the 1P3 for the maiden ride on the back forty and I definitely can see why folks windshields and roofs on these things. Went through some tall grass and wooded section and all that nature came in through the missing windshield, haha. My wife was covered in pollen, grass seeds, leaves and branches haha, good times.

Added Pics to verify it happened. Took pics in front of the dealer I bought it from "Vern Eide Motorplex, SD" . Was a 5 hour drive one way but saved $2K from buying it from local dealer. Could have saved $3k if I wanted to drive down to TN (Abernathy in Union City, TN). I am from Minneapolis, MN area so it would have been a hell of a drive to do it in one day.

Welcome aboard!

A

ArcticSledder

Jun 17, 2020
Loretto, Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey everyone, great to see so many members being active and welcoming on this great forum. Compared to the snowmobile forums I normally troll this Honda SXS forum is so refreshing, friendly and helpful. OK got another one for you guys. I know I want a glass windshield just not sure exactly which one. I know the Honda OEM ($629.96) is nice and expensive with no vents and sealing is sometimes an issue? UTV801 is a nice windshield with vents but not sure which poly/steel roof will fit and it's a bit spendy $589 compared to other aftermarket glass. I like the Kolpin glass windshield ($464.32) with vents but there again not sure if it seals up good and only the Kolpin steel roof is compatible with the glass. Lastly, the Tusk glass windshield ($542.99) is not vented even though they market it as such? Again no idea on fitment and how well it seals and what roof will work with it. I have scoured the forum on windshields and most like the SATV flip hard coat poly but it will not work for MN in the winter for plowing. So for those of you that plow in the winter and leave it on in the summer which glass do you have and do you like it and why? I am up in the air on the roof as it needs to seal to the windshield. Thanks for your feedback in advance.

reg

reg

Nov 19, 2015
Welcome to the club from N/W Florida. I just went to Abernathys for my upgrade to a 1000 after five great yrs on a P500 Our salesman was the best letting us drive and compare all models. We left with a perfect 1000. Happy motoring!!

Reactions: Biteme and TripleB
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hello everyone!

WELCOME from NW Arkansas! Get used to the long drives, once you have been to a club ride you will want to travel to some more rides. Great members here!

Reactions: Biteme

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!