P1000 Brake light whips

B

Buckseeker23

Jun 25, 2022
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi, it’s been a while since I’ve been on here but just looking for some quick info on the brake wiring on my p1000-5. I am going to install whips on the rear and want to hook them up to the brake lights as well, however I want the controller for the whips to be under the hood. How do I tape into the brake light power under the hood? Any info would be much appreciated.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
welcome back. Last time you were on you got mad with the advice givin to u about tires. Not to mention, when we asked to see a pic of your ride lol. Hopefully you've simmered down in the last year? JC 🥳 Dont Get mad, life's too short.
Did u ever get those LT tires BTW? If so, any pics of the new skins? Inquiring minds want to know.

As for your whips. Are u buying some that are capable of using the bake lights? You didn't say. If not, we will stop right here. If so then we can proceed.

Mounting under the hood, you need to verify if the supplied cable for the module will reach. They usually do not and are closer to the whips so the preferred spot is in the middle or rear of the rig. Also to tap into those wires up front will be quite a challenge and will require the shop manual to trace them down there and are probably in the main wire loom. Best to tap in the rear. Not what u want to hear, but thats what a majority do as well as myself for ease of finding and reaching the wires. U might be the first to do so under the hood if your module will reach.
But if you do, you wont like this either…
Post a how too and PICS of your job to help others that are thinking of doing the same thing😉
Good luck.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
@Remington = forum deputy with a memory like an elephant! 😆 🚔

My whips would support the brake light setup, but I decided not to wire them due to lack of time. I will probably retro them later, though. Also, the leads from the controller would never make it from under the hood to the back.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Remington = forum deputy with a memory like an elephant! 😆 🚔

My whips would support the brake light setup, but I decided not to wire them due to lack of time. I will probably retro them later, though. Also, the leads from the controller would never make it from under the hood to the back.

Yes, sir. The one I used to have on my talon, you could wire into the brake lights as well. Most don’t have that capability I did that and it was a nest to make everything work fo sho

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.