P1000 Park Brake

S

Stumper

Dec 30, 2023
Bandana, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I looked through the threads but really did not see much in the way of opinions on which mechanical parking brake is best for the Pioneer 1000? I’ve been looking at the Spring Thingy and the Hillbilly- there are probably others. Anyone have a preference of one or the other? They are both about the same price, both do the same thing. I guess it comes down to ease of use?

Reactions: TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I only know about the Hillbilly. It's easy to lock and unlock.

I'm sure others will have things I have no experience with.

Good luck on your research

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I looked through the threads but really did not see much in the way of opinions on which mechanical parking brake is best for the Pioneer 1000? I’ve been looking at the Spring Thingy and the Hillbilly- there are probably others. Anyone have a preference of one or the other? They are both about the same price, both do the same thing. I guess it comes down to ease of use?
Hillbilly brake is your best and cheapest option. Unless you cant hide $$$?
Any of those, you will find in the MI street legal threads. Even if i had that $$ to throw away, Id still do the HB

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@Hillbilly Brake here. Very easy to use and also use it for theft prevention. Will also keep it from trailer hitching on the trailer.

Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m running the hillbilly. No complaints. It does what it’s supposed to.

Reactions: TxDoc
S

Stumper

Dec 30, 2023
Bandana, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well just installed my Hillbilly Brake. A bit of a PITA to install - even bigger pain to get it adjusted so the bolt would go over the brake arm… Had to raise it quite a bit higher than the top edge of the factory brake flat.. Seems to be working fine though.
Those fellows are great to deal with. I had asked what proof they needed for the Veterans discount and sent them a copy of my VA card. After a few days of not hearing back I went ahead and ordered it anyway. A day later I got a notice that they applied the discount and refunded me some money. I like that kind of personal honesty in a business…👍

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A tip that makes the Hillbilly Brake a snap to install, is to put a spot of superglue on the washer to glue the nut to the washer. Doesn't need to be slathered on, just a dot. This will hold the washer and nut in alignment so you can push them up inside the mechanism with one finger so you can get the screw/s into place.

When you get old, you quickly learn to find the easy way to do stuff. :)

Dang it . . . didn't know they gave veterans a discount!

Reactions: JenElio and TxDoc
S

Stumper

Dec 30, 2023
Bandana, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When you get old you also look for advice to make life easier. I did just that after seeing the post here 😉. It certainly made the job easier, thanks! I had more trouble getting it adjusted than I did getting it on.

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well just installed my Hillbilly Brake. A bit of a PITA to install - even bigger pain to get it adjusted so the bolt would go over the brake arm… Had to raise it quite a bit higher than the top edge of the factory brake flat.. Seems to be working fine though.
Those fellows are great to deal with. I had asked what proof they needed for the Veterans discount and sent them a copy of my VA card. After a few days of not hearing back I went ahead and ordered it anyway. A day later I got a notice that they applied the discount and refunded me some money. I like that kind of personal honesty in a business…👍
The guys at HB Brake are at the TakeOver every year. They are some good people.

K

Krzykjn

Feb 3, 2024
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
@Hillbilly Brake here. Very easy to use and also use it for theft prevention. Will also keep it from trailer hitching on the trailer.
I installed Hillbilly brake, works great. The only problem is the brake lights stay on when the brake is locked. What did you do about the brake lights?

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I installed Hillbilly brake, works great. The only problem is the brake lights stay on when the brake is locked. What did you do about the brake lights?
I didnt realize the brake lights stayed on! I have left mine on over 24 hrs and no problems! 🤷‍♂️

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After you turn the key off and the electrical system shuts down after a brief period, don't your brake lights cease to function?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I didnt realize the brake lights stayed on! I have left mine on over 24 hrs and no problems! 🤷‍♂️

After you turn the key off and the electrical system shuts down after a brief period, don't your brake lights cease to function?

On my Pioneer the brake lights stay on for a short time after the key is off the the hillbilly brake is engaged. But it does go off.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!