Brake lights

C

crade

Feb 7, 2022
swanton ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2018 Honda pioneer 1000-5 with a rycomoto turn signal kit my break lights stopped working so I got a new brake light harness(from ryco) I had then got a new Honda break wire switch harness that hooks up to the brake, it’s driving me nuts that everytime I apply pressure to the breaks my breaks will strobe 5times then go solid does anyone else have this issue or is this normal or maybe a Saftey feature I havnt noticed before any info is appreciated

Reactions: JenElio
JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m not familiar with rycomoto products, but back in the day I added the strobe feature to my motorcycle brake light. I suspect it’s a feature that is built in to the product.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a 2018 Honda pioneer 1000-5 with a rycomoto turn signal kit my break lights stopped working so I got a new brake light harness(from ryco) I had then got a new Honda break wire switch harness that hooks up to the brake, it’s driving me nuts that everytime I apply pressure to the breaks my breaks will strobe 5times then go solid does anyone else have this issue or is this normal or maybe a Saftey feature I havnt noticed before any info is appreciated
First off Welcome from The Winter Water Wonderland State.

second, we have a tradition when folks join and with the first post, its called “Pics Or It Didnt Happen!”
of your machine of corse lol
its all in fun cuz
were imagination illiterate here lol.

As for your issue, id call rycomoto and tell them your issue. Cuz it sounds like with there system in the loop is why your having the problem. I bet if you take all the rycomoto crap out and put it back to stock you wont have the problem. Good luck and report back with your findings

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
It's normal and an option you can set during the Ryco install (on a Talon at least). It's a common safety feature carried over from motorcycles that get rear ended all too often. It's intended to wake up the texting soccer mom or millennial that's tailgating you.

C

crade

Feb 7, 2022
swanton ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's normal and an option you can set during the Ryco install (on a Talon at least). It's a common safety feature carried over from motorcycles that get rear ended all too often. It's intended to wake up the texting soccer mom or millennial that's tailgating you.
Awesome that helps out a lot thank you very much

advertisement
Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see this is an older post, but @Remington is correct. I have the Ryco kit on my 2016 (best kit on the market IMHO). You can disable this feature by removing the strobe box located in the harness if you don't like it. Myself, I think that it is great. Especially when on trails in mid to late summer and it's dry as a bone and the dust is thick as thieves. Been told multiple times by people eating my dust following that it is very visible when the dust is flying.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!