P1000 Breaking the Fuse Block loose...how do you do it in a 2016 1000-3?

G

GGreen

May 18, 2018
Amherst, MA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Making progress on my dual battery setup. I installed the True Am kit (which includes a dual voltmeter and relay) and a Blue Sea Systems 6 circuit fuse panel with negative, on my 2016 Pioneer 1000-3.

I mocked everything up and it worked!

That said - now I need to wire it in forever, but I need switched or key on power for the voltmeter, otherwise it will just drain the 2nd battery. I understand I can tap into the black/white strip wire off fuse #5 down from the top in the original fuse block - but I can't for the life of me break the fuse block free from the strapp or holder or whatever at the bottom. What's the trick? Or is it brute force and fix it later?

In the alternative - has anyone tried one of these and just tapped the fuse? OK to use? Fits under fuse block cap?
https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Holder-circuit-Adapter-Blade/dp/B0742BZXC2/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Thanks for all replies! This forum is awesome and has been a HUGE help to me!

Reactions: OnTheJob and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Making progress on my dual battery setup. I installed the True Am kit (which includes a dual voltmeter and relay) and a Blue Sea Systems 6 circuit fuse panel with negative, on my 2016 Pioneer 1000-3.

I mocked everything up and it worked!

That said - now I need to wire it in forever, but I need switched or key on power for the voltmeter, otherwise it will just drain the 2nd battery. I understand I can tap into the black/white strip wire off fuse #5 down from the top in the original fuse block - but I can't for the life of me break the fuse block free from the strapp or holder or whatever at the bottom. What's the trick? Or is it brute force and fix it later?

In the alternative - has anyone tried one of these and just tapped the fuse? OK to use? Fits under fuse block cap?
https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Holder-circuit-Adapter-Blade/dp/B0742BZXC2/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Thanks for all replies! This forum is awesome and has been a HUGE help to me!
Just use a fuse extender 5 buck for it then another 5 for fuse box lid cut one out for room glue together for depth 3e6e69c20c12b6ed5a3ff8b8bc12b8db9fb77cffec8266e025f41cce4cdb62f5

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

G

GGreen

May 18, 2018
Amherst, MA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
To make sure I understand - so you used a fuse tap, like the one I linked, then bought a second fuse box cover, cut the top off of one, the bottom off the other, and then glued them together to gain addtional height to accomodate the tap?

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To make sure I understand - so you used a fuse tap, like the one I linked, then bought a second fuse box cover, cut the top off of one, the bottom off the other, and then glued them together to gain addtional height to accomodate the tap?
Just the top of one and locks on otherAda9be4a804eb0cb8f5f05920bb45b7b

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hope that was enough info sometimes have a hard time explaining, pics are always better. I put mine on light relay fuse

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It pops off. You think you are going to break it but it comes off. Same with the cup holders. I thought for sure the amount of force I was using to access those, there was no way I wouldn't break it put it popped off no damage. Snapped right back into place when I was done.

I like that fuse idea. Never seen that before. I do love the Posi-Taps.

Yes, there is so much here, everyone has done it before you so you never need to reinvent the wheel.

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Planning to use this method, but cant find a way to get my hands on a second fuse box lid, where were you able to get a second fuse box lid?
Honda dealer it was like 5 bucks I think

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!