Brimstone to Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We are going to Brimstone riding for several days in April and are looking for the trails to ride from the Brimstone campground to Brushy. I have searched and found a YouTube video of someone doing it but no direction. Has anyone made this trip? If some what are the trail numbers and roughly how long did it take?

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
@JACKAL Should be able to help you.

Reactions: Buggyman
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
We are going to Brimstone riding for several days in April and are looking for the trails to ride from the Brimstone campground to Brushy. I have searched and found a YouTube video of someone doing it but no direction. Has anyone made this trip? If some what are the trail numbers and roughly how long did it take?
I take a dozen groups there each summer. First if you don't have a tablet with a GPS app like Oruxmaps or Lifetime trail maps my directions will be of minimal help as half the trip is not on trails per se.

Here is the oversimplified route from Brimstone.

Get on Brimstone Trail #1 and go South. This should turn into TWRA Royal Blue Trail #1 it will be marked as NC #1 4 Lane. If you didn't get sidetracked (there is 20+ side trails / exits off the 4 lane trail) the NC 4 Lane comes out on TN Hwy 116 exactly 6.5 miles North of Brushy. Take Hwy 116 South to Brushy Mountain Pennitentiary. Probably 50 miles one way, never left with a group from Brimstone before.

In April BMP is only open TH through SUN 11AM to 7PM

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks I have Lifetime Trail maps. I will follow the directions. Is it worth the trip? I thought it looked cool and maybe a good place for lunch one day.

Anything else you recommend seeing out that way. We have been to Brimstone 5 or 6 times. Been a few years thou. We have been trying other locations the last couple of years.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks I have Lifetime Trail maps. I will follow the directions. Is it worth the trip? I thought it looked cool and maybe a good place for lunch one day.

Anything else you recommend seeing out that way. We have been to Brimstone 5 or 6 times. Been a few years thou. We have been trying other locations the last couple of years.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Will be a walk in the park with Lifetime trail maps to reference.

Yes, very scenic ride. Wardens Table Restaurant there is very good. Don't indulge too much End of the Line Moonshine or you never make it back after dark.

Several side trails on NC trail 1 some pretty challenging not far from Brimstone in the Royal Blue WMA look up Trail 24 Standing Stone Trail if you want a challenge and don't cherish your plastic. Trail 28 is easy but great rock formations.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!