L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
They are showcasing 100 years of the NFL and its greatest moments this year.
I didn't pay much attention to it, I just thought it was a compilation of Jim Brown's life in 15 seconds.
No one actually got hurt but the intent to do bodily harm was spot on.

Reactions: SouthwestORV
L2R

L2R

Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
If I had done this it would have been:
* premeditated manslaughter (by pulling off the helmet)
* attempted manslaughter (using the helmet)
*lose of job on same day (convicted in social media)
*family goes into witness protection program on day 2
*I commit suicide in my jail cell with a warn winch with the wireless remote in another room.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I don't follow pro football, but I saw this on the news.

As an objective observer who knows nothing about either team, and does not follow professional sports at all (there's only time in my life to follow one hobby - powersports):

1. This game, is a profession and a job for both of these guys. In any profession, it's wise and logical to act in such a way as to protect your ability to earn and advance in your profession. No matter what the quarterback did, the guy who swung the helmet made a poor choice in a professional sense. We all know what professional actions are tolerated, what actions result in disciplinary action, and what actions result in termination...or professional "damnation". This guy will likely never escape this poor choice - it will follow him as long as social media and memory exist.
1. Yes, you absolutely should be penalized for ripping someone's helmet off and bashing them in the head with it. No way around it. Plain and simple. Common-sense rules have to exist anywhere a group of humans interact. When rules are broken, consequences must exist. I am NOT a fan of losing all liberty to rules, laws, and regulations. But, ripping off another players' helmet and using it as a weapon against him/her simply can't be tolerated because of the potential harm. I would not mind a hockey-like policy for two dudes getting into a fist fight - our bodies are biologically designed for fist fights, and they're fun to watch. But swinging a helmet crosses the line because of the increased potential for harm.

Or how about this for settling NFL disputes? (similar to fouls in basketball)
The referee throws his flag, the two players line up 10 yards apart facing each other, then when he blows his whistle it becomes a tackling drill to see who can put the other player on his back.

Reactions: Redmoon
dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ahhh I didn't even think about the possibility that he was just asking for his helmet back! Shoot that means he was prolly just gonna tickle him in the belly that's why he wound up and put his hands in there soo fast while the two linemen held Garret up! :rolleyes:

Was it ideal? No. Was it understandable given what happened? 100%.

Garrett did not chase him down and beat him with his helmet. Garrett took a swing with the only free limb he had because two of the Steelers players were holding him down while a third came at him and started swinging.

Some of y'all got an interesting view on what a fair fight looks like. Garrett literally swung while retreating with three guys coming at him. Totally acceptable and appropriate.

Reactions: JTW
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you’re fighting a fair fight.. then your tactics suck!!

Agree in our situation... if you are a “professional” athlete, I would expect you to be able to control yourself in all of your situations. The exception is hockey where they still know the rules and expectations and they fight “fair”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Redmoon
J

JTW

Agree in our situation... if you are a “professional” athlete, I would expect you to be able to control yourself in all of your situations. The exception is hockey where they still know the rules and expectations and they fight “fair”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And that’s why i don’t like nfl football... too many rules that take away form the game.

L2R

L2R

Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think they should ban helmets. They would stop spearing each other.

Smart guys would change how they tackle and it would greatly and quickly reduce the number of idiots on the field.

J

JTW

I think they should ban helmets. They would stop spearing each other.

Smart guys would change how they tackle and it would greatly and quickly reduce the number of idiots on the field.
It’s called rugby... a much better game!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The PI calls are just a joke. No consistentcy at all. The only thing that is more of a joke is the rule allowing you to challenge it...basically the NFL trying to help cover up the fact that they can't tell anyone what PI is.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!