100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anybody on here ever installed an aftermarket dump system onto the back of your truck? So far I’ve seen this company Pierce.
Light Duty and Medium Duty Dump Bed Kits

I’m considering this to use for hauling leaves I vacuum up with something like this.
DL1801VE Billy Goat Truckloader
Or for hauling soil and mulch. No gravel or anything to big. Especially since my truck is Aluminum.

It would negate the need to buy another truck or dump trailer which are $6000+

I’m just wondering about installation and usefulness and yalls most gracious thoughts on the matter...Tanks.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anybody on here ever installed an aftermarket dump system onto the back of your truck? So far I’ve seen this company Pierce.

I’m considering this to use for hauling leaves I vacuum up with something like this.
Or for hauling soil and mulch. No gravel or anything to big. Especially since my truck is Aluminum.

I’m just wondering about installation and usefulness and yalls most gracious thoughts on the matter...Tanks.
What are you going to do for your camper?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Have you done a soil test?

Reactions: 100Acre
J

JTW

But seriously.. buy you a decent old dump truck and a heavy trailer.. add a skid steer to your mini ex purchase and go make some money! Rather than just being toys they can be a write off and pay for themselves. Guys around here charge $100-125 an hour and stay booked. You can work as little or as much as you want on oddball jobs. And best yet... you can take some of those libtard’s money!

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are you going to do for your camper?
Tricycles mounted on each corner and use big U bolts to mount a sailing mast on the front. Not sure how to steer it though. Unless...
FFWD to 1:15

Reactions: Plumber32
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did a soil test years ago. But my soils are hard clay. I’m adding organic matter and recreating what nature does by layering and composting

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Permaculture man...

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

There are a LOT of dump trailers along gulf coast for sale CHEAP they were used after hurricane Michael

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FWIW I just rented a dump trailer that had a capacity of 4.5 tons for $70 a day.

I was able to move ~27 yards of gravel in about 6 hours and use the trailer to lay it around the driveway as I wanted to.

Yes I could have had it delivered for 150, but then I would have beat up my tractor loader moving it around.

I guess what I’m saying is just rent a trailer for a day or two. Much less expensive.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The system I wanna build. I already have clients lining up.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Nobody has a dump bed kit?
I have neighbors with an old dump truck bed on an f-250 and one with a new dump trailer.
Really want to know how the in bed dump works.

Enquiring minds want to know.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nobody has a dump bed kit?
I have neighbors with an old dump truck bed on an f-250 and one with a new dump trailer.
Really want to know how the in bed dump works.

Enquiring minds want to know.

Reactions: lee
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I've used one of those vacuums for years. It was mounted on the front of a 20ft trailer with built up wooden sides and a screen type of tarp on the top. When the vacuum sucks up the leaves it will chop them up a time or two(not into specks). The vacuum is so strong it will pack the leaves into the trailer and will be extremely heavy when full. To unload, connect a chain to a thick pallet. Put the pallet at the front of the trailer and run the chain along the bottom. Hook the chain to your tractor or mini x and pull out to remove the leaves. Make sure it's a thick pallet or something similar, incase it breaks then you have to unload by hand. Some people will use old tires instead of a pallet for that reason.

J

JTW

I've used one of those vacuums for years. It was mounted on the front of a 20ft trailer with built up wooden sides and a screen type of tarp on the top. When the vacuum sucks up the leaves it will chop them up a time or two(not into specks). The vacuum is so strong it will pack the leaves into the trailer and will be extremely heavy when full. To unload, connect a chain to a thick pallet. Put the pallet at the front of the trailer and run the chain along the bottom. Hook the chain to your tractor or mini x and pull out to remove the leaves. Make sure it's a thick pallet or something similar, incase it breaks then you have to unload by hand. Some people will use old tires instead of a pallet for that reason.
That’s a good tip!!

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That sounds like a really great idea in a pinch. What kind of leaf vacuum did you use?

Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!