Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Delton,

Does your rig have the forward arching arms?
No just the HighLifter 2.5" kit. Joey's has the Catvos arms on his and it goes over rocks like crazy. I like that his doesn't have the crazy axle angle that mine does. 2 totally different ways to achieve similar results lol

Reactions: joeymt33
Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Youre right it does handle big rocks way better. I also have the HL 2.5" bracket lift along with the tires. I've said all along the ride has improved with that lift added. Also the first time I tackled that section I didn't have alot of experience and to be honest I was nervous as hell lol. That one front wheel was alot higher in the air without the lift and tires.

So the first time you didn't even have the lift? Wow it does way better. Also, do you have the forward front arms as well or just bracket lift? I'm really interested in that lift. Probably down to that and the Catvos.

Awesome riding and nice rigs!

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
No just the HighLifter 2.5" kit. Joey's has the Catvos arms on his and it goes over rocks like crazy. I like that his doesn't have the crazy axle angle that mine does. 2 totally different ways to achieve similar results lol

So you were able to run 30" Evos without forward arms? Those tires really seem to work well. I'm impressed and they also seem to have stronger side walls than stock tires.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So the first time you didn't even have the lift? Wow it does way better. Also, do you have the forward front arms as well or just bracket lift? I'm really interested in that lift. Probably down to that and the Catvos.

Awesome riding and nice rigs!
Now you got me racking my brain trying to remember lol. Don't know if I had the lift back then or not. I can tell you for sure it takes obstacles with alot more sure footedness than before. Which surprised the heck outta me cause I thought the higher center of gravity would make it ride worse.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Catvos is alot more money compared to the HL. But I'd bet I'll be replacing CV joints alot more often due to that extreme angle. I think the arched arms are worth the money, I just couldn't personally justify spending it lol.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So you were able to run 30" Evos without forward arms? Those tires really seem to work well. I'm impressed and they also seem to have stronger side walls than stock tires.
The Evos don't run true to size. At 8lbs of air they are close to 28.5". To get full 30", you'd have to run 30psi of air lol. And the sidewalls are waaay stronger than stock. Main reason I bought them cause we drive fast over rocks. They are 8ply compared to 4 on the Bighorns. You could probably make it back to the trailer with ease even with a flat. Those sidewalls are super thick.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Delton's seems to go over that section WAY better than before! Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the only difference now is the 30" EVO's and the offset wheels. Seemed to roll over the rocks way better (no scraping) and also seemed more stable. I'm very impressed. I wish he took a video of Joey to compare.

Next time we can do a video of both back to back. Another reason to go ride!

Sent from my iPad 7G

Reactions: sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Sent from my iPad 7G
I wasn't even thinking or I would've taken a vid of you. All I was thinking was oh crap, not this place again lol. It really shook me up first time lol. Joey makes me a better driver

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

Sent from my iPad 7G

I can't believe how your rigs ride vs. stock. I imagine its pretty fun to own them because they'll go just about anywhere you want.

The video of Delton the first time is just boggling to me. I still believe he had the lift on during that first video if I remember right, and he scraped and bounced through that pretty rough. Now with just the tires and wheels he walks right through it like nothing. Amazing to me..

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't believe how your rigs ride vs. stock. I imagine its pretty fun to own them because they'll go just about anywhere you want.

The video of Delton the first time is just boggling to me. I still believe he had the lift on during that first video if I remember right, and he scraped and bounced through that pretty rough. Now with just the tires and wheels he walks right through it like nothing. Amazing to me..
They amaze me as well. There's a couple of rock sections that I would have 2nd thoughts about but Joey has really helped my confidence level. There's not much I wouldn't try to tackle now.

Reactions: DGann and joeymt33
advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@joeymt33 will try just about anything, he is crazy, @Delton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about that! But I at least I ride every now and then. How many times you ride with us?

Sent from my iPad 7G

DGann

DGann

Dec 20, 2015
Russellville Alabama
I rode once since I bought it, I am always busy, but I am fixing to find some time to ride

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I rode once since I bought it, I am always busy, but I am fixing to find some time to ride

I hope so, we miss watching you spin around in the mud!

Sent from my iPad 7G

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@joeymt33 will try just about anything, he is crazy, @Delton

And the best part is...it's contagious!! Lol. Always have a great time riding with Joey.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Funny Joey, me spinning in the mud is all skill

Im thinking there's a story to be told here?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@joeymt33 did you post the video of me going up that small rock ledge this time? It's 4:30am so I may have overlooked it from lack of sleep lol. I watched it again on YouTube. This time I had sound turned up and about midway of the climb I heard Marshall holler out "daddy made it" lmao. I literally bout woke the baby up from laughing so hard. If you haven't watched it with sound you need to. Cause there's no greater feeling in the world than knowing your child thinks you can do anything. Emilee brings me broke stuff to fix all the time. It just melts your heart. Last year she brought me a dead baby bird. It hurt my feelings that I couldn't fix it for her lol. Anyways, just thought I'd share that in case you missed it.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Here's that video.

You're right about the children, it's fun to go on a ride but seeing their enjoyment makes the ride a lot better.

Sent from my iPad 7G

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!