P700 burning rubber smell after lift kit install

N

NKC2010

Jun 20, 2019
alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
We installed a 2" lift kit on our 2019 700-4. Took it for a jaunt down the road to make sure of no rattles or looseness, pulled back in the garage and could smell burning rubber. Has anybody had this issue, if so what was the issue? TIA

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
iv never had that smell before with a strong made 2.5 inch lift currently. inly smell ive ever gotten was a hot sweet smell of coolant.
was your ride on pavement ? i have had my buddys 700-4 toe was off and would do that on pavement only. . only thing i could think of especially if its new.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

N

NKC2010

Jun 20, 2019
alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
iv never had that smell before with a strong made 2.5 inch lift currently. inly smell ive ever gotten was a hot sweet smell of coolant.
was your ride on pavement ? i have had my buddys 700-4 toe was off and would do that on pavement only. . only thing i could think of especially if its new.

No it was on a dirt road. It has just over a hundred miles. We checked the boots and everything we thought of that could possibly be rubbing but didn't feel any heat or rub marks.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
No it was on a dirt road. It has just over a hundred miles. We checked the boots and everything we thought of that could possibly be rubbing but didn't feel any heat or rub marks.
what about front diff pinion seal?. i know a few people have been having a squeak from them. and they just loosen 4 bolts push it up and retighten and it quits. kinda puzzling to me.

N

NKC2010

Jun 20, 2019
alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
what about front diff pinion seal?. i know a few people have been having a squeak from them. and they just loosen 4 bolts push it up and retighten and it quits. kinda puzzling to me.

I'll check it out when I get home.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
We installed a 2" lift kit on our 2019 700-4. Took it for a jaunt down the road to make sure of no rattles or looseness, pulled back in the garage and could smell burning rubber. Has anybody had this issue, if so what was the issue? TIA

You mentioned the lift kit but omitted mentioning what size tires and wheels?

N

NKC2010

Jun 20, 2019
alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
Tires are the original that came on it. We were going to change those out this weekend but I wanted to get a feel for the issue first. Going to put 28's on it

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Tires are the original that came on it. We were going to change those out this weekend but I wanted to get a feel for the issue first. Going to put 28's on it
Interesting, well that rules out an oversized tire rubbing at road speed.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is there anyone in you neighborhood with a Hellcat Dodge? They sometimes produce that smell.

Reactions: Alan_Vander

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!