P1000 Burrito Cooker

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As hot as these thing get, anyone made a burrito cooker for the engine/exhaust?
I got some 4 inch stainless thin wall tubing...got to look into this...

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We always did this in our crawlers, not exactly going to get to a P1K manifold on the trail....

A replacement muffler with a piggyback external chamber??
A small chamber under the seat with an access door similar to what people are doing for the cubby hole.

Reactions: Isaiah
michdave

michdave

Apr 28, 2019
Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We did this while I deployed, we would heat our lunches (box nasties) on our fuel transfer pumps.

Ha Ha! “Box nasties”

I remember leadership requesting that we don’t call them that because “our service troops work really hard to make those for you”

LOL. Suuuuure they do Chief...in their air conditioned tents!

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The snowmobilers use a contraption for cooking food in a tin container that mounts to the manifold. I think they are $30 or so on eBay. I'll have to find a picture.

Reactions: Mudwing
J

JCutah

Apr 20, 2017
Northern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's called muffpot. Muffler pot....I asked to get it for a Christmas gift many years ago . My wife was less than happy asking for it at the parts counter at the sledding shop.

Anyway they work great. Don't put the food in plastic wrap. It will melt. Don't keep it in aluminum foil too long unless you want your food to have a weird pale silver color. I didn't like cleaning the pot so I always wrapped the food. Breakfast burrito was my favorite meal. Little smokeys got the most creative award from my snowmobiling buddies.

Tldrigg

Tldrigg

Aug 4, 2017
Reno
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's called muffpot. Muffler pot....I asked to get it for a Christmas gift many years ago . My wife was less than happy asking for it at the parts counter at the sledding shop.

Anyway they work great. Don't put the food in plastic wrap. It will melt. Don't keep it in aluminum foil too long unless you want your food to have a weird pale silver color. I didn't like cleaning the pot so I always wrapped the food. Breakfast burrito was my favorite meal. Little smokeys got the most creative award from my snowmobiling buddies.

Did you mount it on your Pioneer? If so can you post a picture.

advertisement

3wtrod

Apr 14, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Years ago a buddy of mine who was very frugal made a muffpot out of a can that had a removable lid. It might have come with hard candies in it. I've seen something similar in the grocery store that has rolled up cookies or something. They are in the cookie aisle. Think he just used large stainless hose clamps to hold it in place. Seems like he used a wadded up piece of foil to keep his food from the hot side of the can....so it wouldn't burn.

Reactions: Tldrigg and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!