Call To Action - HELP STOP CPSC's MANDATORY ROV STANDARDS!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ladies and Gents....
I strongly urge you to please take a few mins at the link below to submit a e-mail to your law makers urging the opposition to the CPSC's Proposed Mandatory Standards for ROVs (Side-by-Sides).

CLICK HERE TO SEND EMAIL --> https://secure3.convio.net/arra/site/Ad ... login=true

As we must be united with this cause I wish to share Polaris's video that explains the issue and the effects it could bring to our sport. Please take a few minuets and you will understand the importance behind stopping the CPSC.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY COMMISSION 592-page briefing package
Got this off another site. Copy and paste if the links don't work.
They propose to do three things. They want to:
1. Limit speeds to 15 mph unless seat belts are fastened.
2. Require a specific rollover test to ensure traction breaks prior to flipping.
3. Ensure vehicles don't over steer and do under steer.
Can Am had the seatbelt speed limiter in 2010, Polaris in 2015, and Honda has the 8 second seatbelt light.
The seat belt table was interesting on page 246 figure 8.
They used a lot of Yamaha Rhino information.

http://www.powersportsbusiness.com/news ... gulations/

http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/machin ... 7023275396

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
UTV Safety CPSC 592 pages

Nanny state and lawsuits aside, I don't think the seatbelt limiter is a bad idea. When my kids are old enough to ride I'd try to figure out how to keep it from running unless they were fastened.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Re: UTV Safety CPSC 592 pages

Thank HondaBob,
I seen this on FB just the other day. With the government trying to get there foot in on things... I'm sure Honda will become even more conservative when we consumers want the opposite.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
HondaBob,
Thank you again... And I'm sorry to hijack your post. This info needs to be known.
Thanks.

sxs2015

sxs2015

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Maine USA
Re: Call To Action - HELP STOP CPSC's MANDATORY ROV STANDARD

WOW we will all be safe..LOL

sxs2015

sxs2015

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Maine USA
Re: Call To Action - HELP STOP CPSC's MANDATORY ROV STANDARD

Any update on it??

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Action Alert

Submit Comments to CPSC Supporting Appropriate Safety Standards for Side-by-Sides!

The Comment Period on CPSC’s Proposed Rulemaking for Side-by-Sides Ends June 19th

Please visit Regulations.gov to submit comments on CPSC’s proposed mandatory product standard for recreational off-highway vehicles (ROVs), commonly referred to as side-by-sides. Sample comments available below.

The only way to submit comments electronically is through regulations.gov. To proceed directly to the page to submit comments click here: http://www.regulations.gov/#!submitComment;D=CPSC-2009-0087-0338

Should that link not work for you, please click regulations.gov and search for CPSC-2009-0087, which is the docket number for this rulemaking.

Please submit comments on or before June 19!

For more information/background click here.

Sample Comments - Cut and paste the below into the appropriate comment box onregulations.gov – all comments must include the docket number CPSC-2009-0087):

Office of the Secretary
Consumer Product Safety CommissionRoom 8204330 East West HighwayBethesda, MD 20814

To whom it may concern:

Please accept the following comments on CPSC-2009-0087 – CPSC’s proposed rulemaking titled Safety Standard for Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles (ROVs).

As an outdoor enthusiast I urge you to abandon efforts to move forward with the proposed mandatory requirements for ROVs.

These vehicles are safe when operated in the manner intended by manufacturers. Further, it is my understanding that voluntary standards are preferred, at least in part because changes to mandatory standards require a lengthy and tedious process which would make it extremely difficult to update the standards as technology evolves.

I understand that there are some disagreements on a narrow set of issues between CPSC staff and ROV industry engineers. While I recognize CPSC is well-intentioned, I also trust ROV manufacturers and their engineers to develop safe, capable products. I am concerned that the proposed rulemaking may have unintended and negative safety consequences if it is adopted.

I urge you to discontinue efforts to pursue a mandatory standard for ROVs, and instead work collaboratively with the ROV industry to develop the voluntary standards.

Thank you for your consideration.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Just sent in my comment. Hope it helps

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!