Close call

T

thatguy2

Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
We were setting our spring snow goose spread today. I have my sprayer switch hardwired to the battery with the switch mounted to the front of the bed. My nephews were with me and I was getting decoys out of the bed of my brother's truck when I heard one of them yell "fire". I turned around to smoke billowing from the sprayer wiring. It melted into my seat and into a bottle of diesel antigen I had in the back. Of course my leather gloves were in the tractor I had used 5 min before so I wrapped my hand in my shirt, grabbed a connector and pulled. Luckily the wire came free. Nobody hurt, melted some perfect lines into my seat like somebody cut it. Gotta get a new plan as we are in fire season. Probably should've put an inline fuse in hindsight. Ironically we are both firefighters but had no extinguisher. I have one on order now.
20240209 144422
20240209 144427

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
We were setting our spring snow goose spread today. I have my sprayer switch hardwired to the battery with the switch mounted to the front of the bed. My nephews were with me and I was getting decoys out of the bed of my brother's truck when I heard one of them yell "fire". I turned around to smoke billowing from the sprayer wiring. It melted into my seat and into a bottle of diesel antigen I had in the back. Of course my leather gloves were in the tractor I had used 5 min before so I wrapped my hand in my shirt, grabbed a connector and pulled. Luckily the wire came free. Nobody hurt, melted some perfect lines into my seat like somebody cut it. Gotta get a new plan as we are in fire season. Probably should've put an inline fuse in hindsight. Ironically we are both firefighters but had no extinguisher. I have one on order now.View attachment 417858View attachment 417859
Just overheated? Wrong gauge wire? Were you using it or was it just sitting there?

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
We were setting our spring snow goose spread today. I have my sprayer switch hardwired to the battery with the switch mounted to the front of the bed. My nephews were with me and I was getting decoys out of the bed of my brother's truck when I heard one of them yell "fire". I turned around to smoke billowing from the sprayer wiring. It melted into my seat and into a bottle of diesel antigen I had in the back. Of course my leather gloves were in the tractor I had used 5 min before so I wrapped my hand in my shirt, grabbed a connector and pulled. Luckily the wire came free. Nobody hurt, melted some perfect lines into my seat like somebody cut it. Gotta get a new plan as we are in fire season. Probably should've put an inline fuse in hindsight. Ironically we are both firefighters but had no extinguisher. I have one on order now.View attachment 417858View attachment 417859
Fuses, fuses, fuses.......glad it wasn't a bigger ordeal.

If you're not feeling like buying another seat back, I'd suggest getting a cover and calling it good. Most will fit real snug and you won't ever notice the cuts/burns are there.

Good luck 👍

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fuses, fuses, fuses.......glad it wasn't a bigger ordeal.

If you're not feeling like buying another seat back, I'd suggest getting a cover and calling it good. Most will fit real snug and you won't ever notice the cuts/burns are there.

Good luck 👍
I'd be worried about getting water in it and freezing. Seats are cheap. I'm on my 3rd bottom. That foam won't dry out

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'd be worried about getting water in it and freezing. Seats are cheap. I'm on my 3rd bottom. That foam won't dry out
You make a valid point. 🤔 Guess I never really take "freezing temps" under consideration cause........... Florida 🤷‍♂️😂😂😂

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!