Can a UTV qualify for agriculture use (zero rated) in Canada?

sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Anyone from Canada bought a UTV for a farm, and saved the GST on it by claiming it is for Ag use? I am looking at a Pioneer 1000-5. Though I could call it a 2 or 5 seater, and it does have a dump bed and is not road legal. So would not be considered a passenger vehicle. It is a hobby farm, but I do have livestock income, and incorporated as a 'farm'. If you have done this, do you have to work with the dealer on it? (that would be a pain in the ass), or can I just file to get the GST back? For bonus points, if you are in NS, does zero-rated mean no HST, or do I just get the GST portion of the HST back? @Caper @canadarulz82 @canuckbuck @CanuckPioneer @canuckfan @Maritime24

Thanks,
~Shea M

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!