P500 Can anyone confirm if the crossroads glove box will fit with a inferno heater installed in a 520

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Have you looked on the inferno site to see where they recommend to install it, dimensions Or on here where others installed it? I think your front end is the same as a P5. Try searching hater install for P5 might get your answer.
I cant imagine its going be in that area

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Hello,

Can anyone confirm if the crossroads glove box will fit with a inferno heater installed in a 520

Thanks,

Railrunner
I believe the Inferno installs in front of the shock brace bar and the glovebox is behind it, so you should be fine. I had intentions of installing the heater on mine this winter (have GoochBox installed) but have yet to do so.

Reactions: crewcabrob
R

railrunner

Oct 5, 2019
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ownership

1. 520
I believe the Inferno installs in front of the shock brace bar and the glovebox is behind it, so you should be fine.

The place the heater mounts is fine but there could be a clearance issue with the defroster vent due to connection pointing straight down for the heater hose, this is is a new install for both items, I just ordered my heater and once I receive it will be better able to access any fitment issues. I am hoping to be able to put a 90 degree connector if neccessary to get more clearance for the glove box, going to follow up with Crossroads and Inferno as well, at this point the heater will need to take priority to keep the windshield defrosted.

Railrunner

Chevyfan396

Chevyfan396

Oct 26, 2021
Palouse, Wa
Ownership

1. 520
I just saw on crossroads3d Instagram account a few days ago a model and 3d print of a defrost vent that was designed to make the inferno heater work with the crossroads glove box. I would keep an eye out on crossroads website for its release if you are interested.

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you looked on the inferno site to see where they recommend to install it, dimensions Or on here where others installed it? I think your front end is the same as a P5. Try searching hater install for P5 might get your answer.
I cant imagine its going be in that area
@ClayWelder

R

railrunner

Oct 5, 2019
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ownership

1. 520
I just saw on crossroads3d Instagram account a few days ago a model and 3d print of a defrost vent that was designed to make the inferno heater work with the crossroads glove box. I would keep an eye out on crossroads website for its release if you are interested.
I was in contact with Crossroads3d about two weeks ago regarding this, they have no intention on following up with any new projects at this time

Reactions: crewcabrob
Chevyfan396

Chevyfan396

Oct 26, 2021
Palouse, Wa
Ownership

1. 520
Without a different vent collector the passenger side defrost vent will not fit with the glove box. I suppose you could go without passenger side defrost and block the corrosponding outlet on the heater core if you really wanted both.

R

railrunner

Oct 5, 2019
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ownership

1. 520
No, the glove box does not fit with the defroster vent installed
BTW the heater puts out very minimal heat due to the size of the heater coils, at high speed water passes through the coils to fast to put out any serious heat in the cab if you are counting on it to stay warm and when 500/520 is at idle the engine does not stay warm enough to produce any heat either....have a look at my little red moose build for a recap, do yourself a favor and buy the glovebox and a diesel heater and rig it through the back window if you are looking for some serious heat, as a defroster it should work for plowing....how well...TBD, winter is on its way here in Canada.

Both myself and a buddy back east installed the inferno in our machines late winter/early spring and both of us experienced same operational issues and came to the conclusion.....warm weather heater not intended for serious cold Northern US states and Canada get. He did put some cardboard in front of the engine rad which did make the heater run hotter but at what expense to the engine as our buggies are cold blooded machines. the manufacture even confirms this in one of their install videos....good luck, my money would have been better spent elsewhere and is the least favorite item of the upgrades I installed.

Just my thoughts

Railrunner

H

HondaTech

BTW the heater puts out very minimal heat due to the size of the heater coils, at high speed water passes through the coils to fast to put out any serious heat in the cab if you are counting on it to stay warm and when 500/520 is at idle the engine does not stay warm enough to produce any heat either....have a look at my little red moose build for a recap, do yourself a favor and buy the glovebox and a diesel heater and rig it through the back window if you are looking for some serious heat, as a defroster it should work for plowing....how well...TBD, winter is on its way here in Canada.

Both myself and a buddy back east installed the inferno in our machines late winter/early spring and both of us experienced same operational issues and came to the conclusion.....warm weather heater not intended for serious cold Northern US states and Canada get. He did put some cardboard in front of the engine rad which did make the heater run hotter but at what expense to the engine as our buggies are cold blooded machines. the manufacture even confirms this in one of their install videos....good luck, my money would have been better spent elsewhere and is the least favorite item of the upgrades I installed.

Just my thoughts

Railrunner

Pretty much, if your not in the throttle the heat is minimal.

These things take forever to get hot enough to turn the fan on (around 210 degrees or so)..

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R

Just my thoughts

Railrunner
There's nothing wrong with blocking off the radiator in really cold temps, we did it to the dual sport motorcycles all the time. As long as the fan is cycling normally, you're good. Actually, it's better to block the radiator in cold temps to make sure the fan cycles normally in order to keep condensation from building up in the oil. You'll have to experiment with how much 'blockage' results in normal fan cycling.

idcwby

idcwby

Oct 16, 2015
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

Just my thoughts

Railrunner
I’m really wanting it for defrosting the window more than anything. I’ve never had trouble staying warm in the winter. Just sucks having to keep the window clean.

monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
I do make a vent that works with the inferno kit, allowing you to have both the glove box and the window vent.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!