Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My local dealer may be setting me up with a green 520 that’s shipping July 30th. He knows how I like power so he recommended the green one since they’re the fastest.
Your dealer is acting like a typical salesperson….🙄

drowheels

drowheels

Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2020
florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
It’s temporary until the 1000-5s get back to the dealers. However this machine is not a given yet.
I have a well loaded 2021 1000-5 Pioneer I would love to trade for a Talon. Cfab arms, 814 premium adjustable shocks, billet steering box, super atv ball joints, tie rods, windshield, kti 4k winch +tiger tail, frame stiffener, double battery w fuse panel, under seal heat fan, street legal kit, fuel wheels and dot approve at tires, high lifter snorkel, tire pressure monitor, and light bars. More I can't think of I'm sure

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have a well loaded 2021 1000-5 Pioneer I would love to trade for a Talon. Cfab arms, 814 premium adjustable shocks, billet steering box, super atv ball joints, tie rods, windshield, kti 4k winch +tiger tail, frame stiffener, double battery w fuse panel, under seal heat fan, street legal kit, fuel wheels and dot approve at tires, high lifter snorkel, tire pressure monitor, and light bars. More I can't think of I'm sure
I don’t blame you, but who would trade a Talon for a Pioneer 1000 with any amount of modifications…..🤔

Reactions: Isaiah and rtn001
drowheels

drowheels

Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2020
florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
I don’t blame you, but who would trade a Talon for a Pioneer 1000 with any amount of modifications…..🤔
Probably the guy looking to trade a Talon for a pioneer I was responding to. There is a 5k price difference and I have 8k in upgrades without labor so it's a pretty good deal if thats what someone's looking for.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Probably the guy looking to trade a Talon for a pioneer I was responding to. There is a 5k price difference and I have 8k in upgrades without labor so it's a pretty good deal if thats what someone's looking for.
Lol, sorry, I thought he already sold his Talon….

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It really all depends on how you depend to use it, how many people you plan to have in your sxs etc. Different SxS's for different purposes
That’s true, some people would say a Volkswagen Beetle is superior to the Mercedes Benz….👍

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s true, some people would say a Volkswagen Beetle is superior to the Mercedes Benz….👍

Talon is nice but it can’t haul anything (300lbs vs 1000), the x4 version is long enough to be continued (115 vs 162), and won’t take a young family of five. It’s also not nearly as good hunting / ice fishing rig either ( no cargo / weight capacity).

oh yeah has l-4wd standard…

So basically the Talon goes somewhat faster and rides better on dry trails….that’s it.
😂😂

Saying a Talon is better than a Pioneer 1000 is like saying a Lexus is better than a F150 because it goes somewhat faster. As mentioned earlier it depends on your use.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We hunt, fish, trail ride and remote camp with the dogs. Mostly used the old Rhino for this but was sold when we sold our farm. The Talon's good for some people but was useless for us. At least I recouped all of my money. Wife wants a 1000-5 so we can pack the dogs or some guest. Thanks for all of the replies.
LISTEN TO THE WIFE!!!!!!!!!
These other guys also...
I have a P1K-5D Lux and love it, it hauls trailers, pontoon boat, double jet ski trailer (with skis) , tools, brush, kids on a trailer around the neighborhood for Halloween, when we trail ride I can bring almost as much junk as I want or not (depending on the trails I’m riding. My 100# dog rides in the bed (when he’s not hogging the front seat) and loves it, we put the side nets down and got one of those tailgate nets for a small pickup and put it across the back and he will ride for days. IMHO, P1K-5 is the way to go hands down.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Talon is nice but it can’t haul anything (300lbs vs 1000), the x4 version is long enough to be continued (115 vs 162), and won’t take a young family of five. It’s also not nearly as good hunting / ice fishing rig either ( no cargo / weight capacity).

oh yeah has l-4wd standard…

So basically the Talon goes somewhat faster and rides better on dry trails….that’s it.
😂😂

Saying a Talon is better than a Pioneer 1000 is like saying a Lexus is better than a F150 because it goes somewhat faster. As mentioned earlier it depends on your use.
Funny…..😂

I have them all, so I’m an equal opportunity critic…

My brother was just down visiting and I put him and his wife in my 1000-5 and the wife and I in the Talon. Hit some pretty steep and rough Rocky Mountain trails. At our first beer break he said, I see now that you put us in the piece of s***…….

I wouldn’t categorize it such myself, but that coming from someone who’s never driven a SXS….

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!